Critical Event Reporting

Discussion in 'Prime' started by haberdasher, Jun 20, 2015.

1. haberdasher

haberdasher Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2014
    In the past year, I've had 2-3 critical event reports for hard breaking to save the lives of idiots in front of me. In the past 3 days, I've doubled that with the new event reporting parameters they have in place. They now send reports for excessive speeding (74 & 79 in my case) and following distance.

Anyone have similar experiences or know any other situations that will cause an event report? Not that I don't enjoy getting a call from dispatch...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. michaelg

michaelg Light Load Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Michigan
    What triggers the following distance one?

My radar likes to pick up overpasses and road signs a few times day and slams on the brake. I hope that I don't get dinged for something like that.

4. haberdasher

haberdasher Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2014
    If you are in traffic and decide to depress the go pedal in an attempt to override the truck's natural instinct to back off from the joyrider in the middle lane. You stay in that position so you can safely merge into another lane of traffic going a reasonable speed... All the while ignoring that odd beeping sound coming from god knows where.

5. andytalllurch

andytalllurch Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Atlanta, Ga
    Critical events... come on really my roll stability has sent out quite a few of those. Funny thing is has been on straights roads...

6. jmadd

jmadd Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2014
    I have gotten 5 in the past 2 days. Each time the typical beep beep beep was not present. Something is clearly acting up in the system. Glad to hear it is not just me.

7. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    A lot of companies will have the Safety Dept call and find out about the hard breaking. My husband had a lot of problems with the radar on one truck he had, bridges, guardrails, a car passing you, white lines, ghosties. The radar may need adjusting also, the eye on it maybe out of whack, of course it may have to go in to be adjusted.

That closing in on speed would be a pain though if it kicks it off.

8. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
    I just had a critical stopping event last night. A stop sign jumped out at me. It was hidden in the leaves of a tree. I was at 55mph and all of a sudden it just appeared. I didn't lock them up but I stopped very quickly. My dispatcher called me but no one from safety. I hate that I am being monitored all the time. Can't wait to get my own rig.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Can't wait to get my own rig.:rolleyes: Going to have to really look for the hidden stop signs then

darthanubis, Broshears and Chucktshoes Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.