CRST- DESPITE WHAT YOU'VE HEARD

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lucky&FrogOTR, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Lucky&FrogOTR

Lucky&FrogOTR Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2015
    My husband started working for CRST Dedicated, running a flatbed. He has worked for the company for a few months now and we are both happy with the company. I'm mainly happy because he likes his job for once lol.
    From the day he put his app in it only took a day or two for someone to give him a call back. He then spoke to a great recruiter, Shonda, and she had him an email with his hotel, rental car and orientation information within a couple hours. She was very helpful and had an answer to every question. Then he went to Ashland, KY for orientation (which was 3 days), to pick up his truck and meet his dispatcher Mike. And although i dont know a lot about the over the road side of the business i do know enough to know that Mike is an excellent dispatcher. My husband has been home EVERY, yes! EVERY weekend since he has started. And even though i ride with him its one of the things they make sure of.
    In the 3 months he has been working for them not only has he been home every weekend but he has already got a .05/mi raise, paid loaded or empty, guaranteed 2000 miles a week, no issues getting a load and plus insurance(eye, dental, vision, 401k, etc)from day one and more. Basically if you can't tell we are happy with the company!
    Please note this is from our experience with CRST Dedicated flatbed. We have no clue about any of the other divisions of the company but we are always hear about how "horrible" CRST is to work for and that has not been our experience at all so I thought I would chime in. I mean there have been a few different drivers tell us to get away from them but we honestly currently don't have any complaints about the company and besides when it comes down to compare pay with "those^" drivers their company doesn't even come close to the pay. And as my husband would say, "Chrome don't pay the bills!" Either the truck or the paycheck can be pretty but not both usually, lol.

albert l, DenaliDad and The Patriot Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DJ Hughes

DJ Hughes Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Tennessee
    Is he an owner/operator?

4. Lucky&FrogOTR

Jul 22, 2015
    No. Company driver, dedicated out of Kentucky.

5. DJ Hughes

Jun 13, 2015
    Tennessee
    Do you work for the company too? I thought crst only did teams. Please don't mind me picking your brain a bit, just trying to get new insight on this company. How much experience your husband have?

6. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    If the driving thing don't work out
    Sounds like you'd be a good Recuiter

S M D, Sneakerfix, Shaggy and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
  8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Could be already.

9. Lucky&FrogOTR

Jul 22, 2015
    No I am not a recruiter and no I do NOT work for the company! This is a forum about companies you are happy with and my husband is happy with CRST. He is 35 y/o and has had his CDL since he was 21 but was raised around trucks his entire life(his grandfather was a driver) so no he isn't a greenhorn either. He has drove 53' van, dump wagons, hopper bottoms, flatbed you name it. He just really likes working for the company and I am tired of only hearing everyone's negative feedback so I decided to put our experience out there. There are plenty of expericened drivers that have been with CRST for 10+ years and they have been in business for quite awhile so I'm sure they are doing something right. They just happen to be one of the companies that offer a truck driving school, therefore they have some inexperienced drivers and yeah they mess up and make the company look bad but I'm pretty sure that CRST's rep comes from the inexperienced drivers or the drivers who think they can start their own business/own their own truck and fail cause they can't meet the requirements or its more responsibility than they expected.

albert l, DenaliDad and joseph1135 Thank this.
  10. Lucky&FrogOTR

Jul 22, 2015
    I do not work for the company, only my husband does I just ride along. And He is 35 y/o and has had his CDL since hewas 21 but was raised around trucks his entire life(his grandfather was a driver)so no he isn't a greenhorn either. He has drove 53' van, dump wagons, hopper bottoms, flatbed you name it. He just really likes working for the company.

11. DJ Hughes

Jun 13, 2015
    Tennessee
    How did he get out of the team driving as a company driver is my question. I don't know nothing about crst or other companies because Im a resent grad as of Monday. Im just gathering info.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.