CRST lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by solo46, Jun 29, 2015.

what do you know bout CRST LEASIN

1. good

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. bad

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Adventuro-Us Transport

Adventuro-Us Transport Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2015
    I'm sure he is looking for some actual advice, if you know a fact that can help him maybe take a few minutes to explain it and help him out, thats why he's here after all.

Quan Hill and Lucky&FrogOTR Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. solo46

solo46 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2015

Yeah, I just decided to stay here at Q till I can find something, thanks for the heads up..

4. Quan Hill

Quan Hill Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    If only more of these trolls on here would think like you. Sometimes, people could care less to hear others negativity and bag experiences. Because it didn't end well for one, don't mean it will turn out the same for someone else.

5. RenegadeW-9

RenegadeW-9 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Redding, CA
    I had fun at Crest. You can go solo if you are a Lease/Purchase. It's only team as a Co. driver I think. I was back in 2003. you should read my other post. It's a fun read.

If you aren't attached to the house. and you want to be an owner op under the company gun for about 3 yrs, you can go this route. $$ is best if you stay in their lanes and act like a truck driver. You know, not hanging out at the house like you are a suburban teen. You'll also have to give all but $20 to your wife to pay all the bills at home. Hey, you get used to Ramen. Go rent all the VHS to DVD copies of "Movin' On". They were on the road ALL THE TIME. They helped stranded motorists and solved crimes. They had to deal with all kinds of problems on the road.

This is trucking. Well, except the part about solving crimes... that's just silly. If you are not cut out for trucking, you're not cut out for it. Just get a warehouse job. You have to do everything yourself and take care of all the problems... well, most of the time. You should get more pay and the pleasure of getting the experience of driving your career. If you want to huff boxes all day for 9 bux an hour, do that.

I rode in a broken down piece of junk that I made the company take care of every chance I got(with my bumper to bumper warrantee) and they would nickel and dime me every chance they got. It was a beautiful relationship. I got the experience I needed to go out on my own. Worth the thousand dollars a day I have grossed in my career. I worked for FEMA too... Woo, talk about being soured to hard work after that!

The CRST deal is only golden for you if they still have the 30-day walk away program. No hit on your credit and give their #### back to them. If you have hard-core bills looking for salvation... This is the wrong choice. You need to be able to tread water for a good bit in order to see if you will come out of this alive. That is to say. If you do make it till the end, I would look at upgrading the truck to something that is a little more reliable unless you like it there and plan to stay. Make sure you can get under their umbrella or have your own.

Nobody's looking out for you except you. We'll help as much as we can, but it's all you brother. Also talk to the other drivers no matter who you go with. They will have invaluable info on the ins and out of the company. Good luck! =)

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  6. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    If you L/P with crst, they tell you you have the option to refuse loads, and you do. But they only resend the same load over and over until you give in.
    Be friendly with everyone, even if, deep down you wish they'd catch on fire spontaneously . If you make enemies with anyone who has any influence, be ready to sit.
    If you get a great dispatcher and are getting good loads and making good money, don't get used to it. They will send him up toWashington and replace his or her awesomeness with some rookie that thinks they know it all and punches the clock at 5pm sharp.
    Sorry. I'm ranting from personal experience.
    My truck was a POS too

7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Could you clarify, please. I'm not sure exactly how you feel about CRST ...

Wickedfire77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.