Crst leasing questions?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by rokue, Mar 25, 2016.

1. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
    If you lease can you refuse nyc loads?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    This is easy. Dont do a lease purchase. Lease drivers are company drivers. I dont care how they try to dress it up. Your better off being a company driver.

horsecrazychic22 Thanks this.
  4. rokue

rokue Heavy Load Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Nashville,TN
  5. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    I want to reinforce how important it is not to do a fleece purchase. Basically CRST and other carriers relish putting on an informecial style presentation trying to convince/scam drivers to doing a fleece purchase.

I will say it simple. Dont do it. If you want to be an owner operator do the hard work, learn everything you can and do it the right way.

horsecrazychic22 Thanks this.
  6. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    no clue then this thread was started but the answer to your question is if you lease your truck with the intent to purchase then YES u can refuse or accept any loads you wish. but be very selective when turning down loads. If you turn down too many loads the FM, or whatever will begin to wonder if your a good fit and may lower the amount of loads that you get offered.

7. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    whats the right way? my credit sucks due to bankruptcy, I have no income, how do I buy a truck???

8. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Drive company, budget like a madman, put back 500$ in a savings account, repeat weekly for 2 years. 52000$ down for your truck, and banks enjoy lending to people who can show they steadily are able to save money...

9. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    so basically its going to take me 4-6 years then because I will only be able to put back about 150 at most per check. but that is great advice thanks.

10. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    I will tell you the right way. Yo have to do the hard work first. Straighten out your credit and finances!!

Like Wolf98 said....drive for a company save your money and straighten out your credit. I went through a nasty divorce over 15 years ago. My credit was decimated and destroyed. It took work but I got back where I need to be. Understand it will take work and discipline. You can do it.

If your credit and finances are screwed up you have no business tying to run a business. Do you want to begin a business as a responsible, grown mature man....or want instant gratification like a needy teenager in the form of a leech purchase that gives you the illusion that you have a business (but you really dont).

It takes work. There is no easy way.

Listen to me and do the hard work...you will be happy you did. Plenty of companies out there that pay excellent. Nothing wrong with that. I did it....and so did many others on here. It takes discipline.

The best way I can describe being an owner operator is like this.....owning a truck is like feeding a seven headed hydra. You need to keep them all fed without fail.

Kevin Ruhterford had a free webinar about becoming an owner operator. I strongly suggest you check out his resources.:hello1::hello1::hello1::headbang::headbang::headbang:

https://letstruck.com/

HalpinUout and horsecrazychic22 Thank this.
  11. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    I lease at CRST. The answer to your question is you can reject any load for any reason (or no reason at all).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.