Crst leasing questions?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by rokue, Mar 25, 2016.

1. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    I love these lease questions. As usual, OP asks a simple question relating to a lease. Of 10 replies, 2 answer the OP's question. The remainder are tools giving the same tired, boring sermon about the evils of leasing.

Sigh.

#KeepPounding! Thanks this.
  4. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Man leasing is stupid. Talked to a JCT guy and he was bragging about his check right? He made .90 a mile and for the week pulled in like $1600. Good? No! His truck payment of $775 was deducted! That same week, as a company driver, AFTER TAXES, I pulled in just under $1200. I don't pay for fuel! I don't pay a note! I don't do maintenance! Who wins here? OK he can do 75mph, but that burns fuel faster so big whoop. The "owner operator" on a Fleece deal is RENTING HIS JOB! To hell with that I'll keep my 1K average being a company driver home weekly. To hell with a lease deal. If you can't buy your truck, don't bother. Weekly payments are stupid as hell and it's no secret these companies charge way too much for a #### lease truck that'll code like 30K-50K on a lot.

This same ####### at JCT owed 94K on that #### Freightliner AFTER he had been working there 2 years as is ON ELOGS! Man get out and I highly HIGHLY doubt CRST pays a L/P .90/mile. Could be wrong, but I highly doubt it. I'd take my chances driving for Werner again before I EVER L/P!

HalpinUout and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  5. alghazi

Aug 29, 2014
    [QUOTE="KaoMinerva, post: 5203778, member: 177293] I highly HIGHLY doubt CRST pays a L/P .90/mile. Could be wrong, but I highly doubt it. I'd take my chances driving for Werner again before I EVER L/P![/QUOTE]

CRST doesn't pay lease operators by the mile.

6. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    How do they pay then

7. alghazi

Aug 29, 2014
    Percentage

8. Skinny P

Skinny P Light Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    You can turn down the load. But ask yourself will it get me to 3000 miles! Because Lease or Company unless you turn miles you make no money.

As far as whether or not to get in a lease purchase that is a question better left to another forum!!!

9. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Ok....consider this. My total costs for everything to run my truck (yes I own my truck and its in my name).
    CONSIDER THIS!

For the month of June my TOTAL costs to run my truck per mile was .91 per mile. I can put in more info and break it down more for you (fixed/variable costs)......however I am trying to pass on some real world advise.

This number includes everything it takes to run my business. I mean EVERY single cost. This includes any Maint/Repairs that the truck needed in June

Fuel was .30 per mile was included in this rumber.

FACT!!! These is no way on earth you can do this with .99 per mile freight......or $1.00 per mile freight.

One serious break down can easily wipe out a months earnings. Will you have the financial capacity to keep going?? I can go on and on.

Don't do an LP. You are committing economic suicide .......and you don't have any rights to the truck what so ever!! It's an illusion of ownership. Many of these companies business plans indicate that they make more money through LPs than moving frieght! Basically these companies make more money off you than the frieght!!!!!!!

You can do very well as a company driver and get great benefits.

This is a good time to save your money and straighten out any financial issues you currently have. Its an election year. Use the time to learn how to run a business and get more financially stable before jumping in the OO realm.

Do it the right way and make good decisions. Don't make a bad decision out of haste.

10. Eska

Eska Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2015
    I've worked for all those companies. Did a lease with the crst as well. Its nothing but a scam. L/p drivers over there putting so much hard work to make it in there. Anybody who averages $1200 weekly in there, thinks they are the mr money bags. As a company driver i have made more than that. So from my experience, i agree with the others. Do the hardwork and save. There is no shortcuts in this. If Anybody is telling you otherwise, they are trying to scam you.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.