CRST MALONE LOAD BOARD IS A HOAX

Discussion in 'CRST' started by nduncan, Oct 25, 2015.

1. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    I've been with them for about two weeks and noticed the same type of events happening.

I guess at this point you may not realize but most of the agent's also own trucks. The loads they post are often overflow.

In short if their trucks OR trucks they work with on a regular bases become available they post the load to those trucks.

I delivered yesterday with another driver who pulls a trailer for one of the agent's and most of his loads come from the same agent.

If you haven't found it already in the read the news there is a list of approved brokers. Landstar, Mercer, ATS and many more are listed.

I would also try working with your local Malone broker if you want to stay in your home area. Take what you can get from them and get back for another.

This is a game of Relationships and Revenue everything else is the bs between.

Keep the rubber side down

TruckerNerd Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brads6.9.

brads6.9. Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Tell City, IN
    Ok
    I have been with Malone for awhile.
    1. The load board is a tool you can see how freight is moving around the country. Is is good for getting an idea of where the good rates and lanes are. You also can call on loads it's updated every 15 min.
    2. You have three different types of agents "company agents" independent agents and CRST logistic agents.
    The loads you see with no fuel surcharge are logistic loads most are cheap.
    3. Independent Agent loads are your bread and butter you have to build relationships with agents. Pick up on time and deliver on time no damage ever!
    4. Call ahead get you truck on the list for the next available loads tell them where you wanna go. If agents call you try to take the load. Keep in mind it has to pay enough and go to a decent location.
    5. The best loads never see the load board agents attempt to cover loads with empty trucks 1st.

Here are some tips
    Do not deadhead till you have a reserved load
    Do not sit for days go to the nearest load you can get on the truck
    Your truck has to make at least $300-$500 profit after fuel a day if not you would be better off as a company driver.
    An O/O is responsible for keeping your truck loaded not the Company.

4. playamwj12

playamwj12 Heavy Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I work for Malone also. The load board isn't a joke. I don't use it as nothing but a reference. I stay pre planned 3-7 days ahead of time and don't pull cheap customer service freight. Call the agents you know have freight in the area you'll be as soon as you book a load heading that way and follow up. Learn the system like every where else and be proactive. If your having an issue finding freight here and not making money its you not Malone. They've given you the tools and are more than supportiveits up to you to use them. Proactive proactive proactive..

TruckerNerd Thanks this.
  5. kingjose

kingjose Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2015
    hi how is it over there at crst malone im going to class monday.. i have a friend over there he say hes making money but i need to get other people outlook on the company

6. playamwj12

Aug 22, 2012
    I'm doing well. $6300 gross this week. Follow my thread for more info

ratherBfishn Thanks this.
  7. Jbrismsu

Jbrismsu Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Playa- How are you able to stay pre-planned that far in advance? Loads end up getting cancelled every time I try to do that.

8. playamwj12

Aug 22, 2012
    I've never had a load cancel on me. Luck I guess. I try to stay minimum 24-48 hours pre planned out.

gregbo Thanks this.
  9. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Sounds like OP needs to chillax and learn the ropes some more.

gregbo Thanks this.
  10. gregbo

gregbo Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Cherry Valley IL
    First of all, Malone has very few weekend loads. I go out Monday and come home Friday. You will not find me hundreds of miles from home looking for a load on Saturday morning. Secondly the board is shut down on Sundays. The loads that are available on Saturday will be back on Monday at 7:00 AM central. If you want to drive on the weekend you'll need to get loaded on Friday. With few exceptions Malone shippers are Mon-Fri operations mostly USW shops. They don't load on weekends.
    I've been leased to Malone for 4 years and have had a few loads cancelled. If it's the shippers fault, the agent is supposed to get you some compensation from them. If it's the agents fault, they have a budget to compensate you directly, but you have to ask for it. Either way you won't get much more than deadhead fuel money so you take a hit and move on. It's a cost of doing business.
    The board is a useful tool, but you need to develop relationships with the agents who have the loads you prefer. They are not dispatchers, they are your customers. If you're telling them they're unethical crooks you probably won't be their go to guy.
    I don't love everything about Malone but I'm able to make a decent profit without killing myself most weeks. You've been leased on for 2 weeks and you've decided that all of your problems are somebody else's fault. My advise is, calm down and try to make the system work for you. It's gonna take some time and you have to be willing to learn from your mistakes. If after 6 months or so it's not working take your truck somewhere else.

57104 - Ya Heard! and whoopNride Thank this.
  11. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    It takes time to learn how the system works with any company. If you are a new owner operator, it can be very frustrating when things are difficult starting out. With any agent based carrier, you will need to develop relationships with agents. It takes time to learn who has the better paying freight and lanes that work for you. Starting out, you may need to rely on your dispatcher or fleet manager, if one is available, to guide and advise you. Most agent based carriers will issue a list of agents. Give them a call when you know you are heading to their area. Keep in mind that agents sometimes have freight out of their area. Ask them about their freight and lanes. Get to know them. For the most part, the best rates will be in the middle of the country. However, some owner operators may have contacts in areas that are not known for having good paying freight. Some of the best paying loads will never reach a loadboard. I know a guy who is getting good rates out of California in a niche' market. Most people have a difficult time getting anything good out of the state. Everyone operates at their own pace. If you expect to be successful, you need to allow yourself sufficient time to learn your way around the company. Try not to get discouraged. By giving yourself time you will gradually begin to find better paying loads.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.