Crst Malone

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Jim.M.111, May 25, 2016.

1. Jim.M.111

Jim.M.111 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Looking for Information about ending my lease with Crst Malone. What can I expect. I know the truck is a walk away lease but will I still owe for permits, insurance and so forth? Looking for info from someone who has dealt with this before. I don't think they are a bad company its just I've had a run of bad luck, and I have another job offer. I don't have alot of money saved up after truck and trailer been in shop to many times for to long.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. #KeepPounding!

#KeepPounding! Light Load Member

May 31, 2016
    Charlotte
    Do they really pick a truck for you set the end of your orientation? I heard a few months back they didn't have any trucks available, and they were either sending you out to recover abandoned trucks, or just sending drivers back home to wait on them tho become available. Is this true?

4. Jim.M.111

Jim.M.111 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Yes it's true, they rarely have a truck at a terminal, they do pay for you to go get one. Just be sure you negotiate a per mile rate. They tried to argue to me they didn't pay anything in addition to a rental car, but I was able to get $.45 a mile to reposes the truck.

#KeepPounding! Thanks this.
  5. #KeepPounding!

May 31, 2016
    Charlotte
    As I mentioned to Playa... I look forward to learning as much as I can from you guys. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully that won't be the case. What are the chances of recovering or at least being assigned to a Cascadia? That is actually what I prefer and much more familiar with anyway.

6. #KeepPounding!

May 31, 2016
    Charlotte
    Hope I'm not to much of a bother for you guys. Just wanna make an informed decision.

7. Jim.M.111

Jim.M.111 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2015
    More then likely it will be a cascadia, the Volvos are nice trucks but they are a lot heavier and turn as well. They also send the Volvos to a dealership for most of the maintenance which results in longer downtime. They are about 1300# heavier which will limit what you can haul.

8. Jim.M.111

Jim.M.111 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Well I turned my truck in, basically after you turn it in they do a inspection of any damage on truck to back charge the driver. I did a very good inspection of the truck when I received it and took time stamped pictures of everything so that saved me alot of money. They said after 45 days I will receive a bill for what's owed on the tags, as they are not refundable. I believe this is a scam as the tags stay on the truck and the next driver will pay full price also. That equals to a little over 2k. I paid off all my equipment which they would of charged that also. After the 45 days they give you the bill and a number to call to set up a payment plan. The maintenance account which I payed over $12,000 in is not refundable even though roughly $3,000 of it was spent on my truck.

9. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    How can it be non-refundable if it came out of your check?

I'd get a lawyer on that ASAP!

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Even CRE refunds the maintenance account.

11. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    If the money in your maint. account was included on your 1099 it is your money, no mater what they say.

I believe that many lease purchase companies take maint fund money that has been charged to the drivers 1099 so they can expense it out, then fail to report the money they take back as income. Can you say "Slush fund"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.