crst/van expedited?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by oneblueknight4ever, Jul 7, 2006.

1. norestfortheweary

norestfortheweary Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2007
    Dracut,Mass
    Iam looking into this company because they will hire with more than one dwi. I have 2 does any know of any company's that will hire with more than one?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver402

truckdriver402 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Orwell, OH
    Wow, this caught me by surprise! Cheap mofo's!!!

4. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Only a few bottom feeders will hire you.Due to insurance regs,I'm told.But it may depend on how LONG AGO these DWI's / DUI's were.
    Best Of Luck.

5. norestfortheweary

Nov 3, 2007
    Dracut,Mass
    they dont use easy pass because they have to many trucks and dont use toll as much to see a savings.

6. norestfortheweary

Nov 3, 2007
    Dracut,Mass
    I drive for crst and been with them 4 months now and have nothing bad to say my dispatch is great i get loads before i even finish the load im on yes the co driver situation is ###### because u spend day and night with another dude but i layed the cards down right off the bat where i stand being out for 30 days at a time he is a scmuck but i live with it. As long as he shows me he is a safe and reliable driver wich so far has been ok. He does make me somewhat nervous with lane changes i am on home time at the present moment 7 days and this winter in the west has been bad but i made it through it no problems i stayed out for 2 months and did pretty good miles even though freight slows down after christmas. but spring is here and it will be good again.as long as u do your job and get there on time u will be treated good make sure u get a good dispatch kiley Eisenmann is good.I just got a offer for a job here in mass right around the corner from my house i go down monday to talk to them they are desperate for drivers and it is local so i hope i get the job and be home every night. con-way freight the stuff he briefed me in on sounds good if any one knows please gives me a shout sorry so long but CRST aint so bad.:biggrin_25525:

7. norestfortheweary

Nov 3, 2007
    Dracut,Mass
    diesel dan crst is not bad they give us good miles and pay on time just keep an eye every tues and thur to make sure they do make mistakes and do correct them.If you get a good dispatch wich i got she works hard for us we ran for 2 months straight and got good miles this winter has been bruttal but got through it with no problems just take your time and go slow.Slow and steady wins the race.get there on time and you will get the next dime

8. driveline

driveline Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2008
    detroit, michigan
    if you know what you are doing there bigtex then why do you say that CRST Van Expedited runs Freightliner Century's? They Run Freightliner Columbia Class (and Stripped down versions of them to boot). It is a fact that CRST will stick it to ya if you dont watch out for yourself. Of course there is ups and downs to any company, but there is alot of negative things and hollow promises coming out of that company.

9. UTall

UTall Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Waynetown, In.
    I have just finished the training program and I have to say that so far so good. Obviously some things aren't great. The simple fact is, the Cedar Rapids treminal / headquaters is nice. They are in the proccess of updating thier student / new hire facility. A new building is being built to be exact.

The Kirkwood community college where you get the driver training has very good instructors. Some are very good. You will learn basics and be able to pass the D.O.T. exam and CRST's safety driver test. You learn everything else with your driver trainer.

CRST is in the proccess of replacing their fleet with 08' Peterbuilt's. The best advise I can give is all trucking companies have issues. They are only as good as the employes in them. All employes make a difference, not just the drivers.

10. LFerrell

LFerrell Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Decatur, GA
    Utall and Norestfortheweary, Thanks for posting your experiences with CRST. I am considering their training program. I have read so many negative posts about training programs, that it seemed like training was hell, no matter where you get training.

11. jash369

jash369 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    roslyn,pa
    That's interesting I know a guy that got fired for drinking while he was at a hotel for a day waiting for his truck to be fixed at the dealer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.