CRST worst company ever!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Catchme33, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Catchme33

Catchme33 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2015
    OK where to start. I really wish there was something good I could say about this company but there isn't. What I'm about to tell you is not only my story but the story of multiple individuals that signed on with CRST after obtaining our own CDLs through private schools. All of whom including me are no longer working for CRST.

First off, during orientation with CRST, which is unpaid, we were promised a meal would be furnished at lunch for the duration of the orientation. The meal, if you can call it that, was a sandwich. They furnished no drink, potatochips, or anything else.

For the orientation a shuttle bus was promised to transport people to and from the hotel. The orientation was about 3.5 to 4 miles from the bed bug infested hotel they put us in. Many times, people were left to walk back to the hotel, cause no shuttle ever came to pick them up. I was luckyI drove my own car.

Additionally, after orientation was completed some people were left stranded at the hotel for up to 2 weeks, without pay, waiting for lead drivers to come get them.

After getting onto trucks with leads, many of the people I went through orientation with, were not getting the money per mile they were promised. Most quit without ever getting it either. And if that wasnt bad enoigh, many were also not even getting the bonuses they were promised.

Also, you can expect to be stranded on layovers for periods of 2 to 4 days at a time! And as for layover pay, well goodl luck with getting any of that.

Furthermore, when I was with my lead, and after not getting a load for 3 days, they gave us a hazmat load that I did not have an endorsement for. And, after I called to complain, I was told to deal with it.

Last but not least. And with out a doubt. Every truck that I saw or drove in was the absolutely raggedest, cheapest, most poorly maintained,pieces of crap on the road.

In conclusion, I know some of you, if you have read this far, are probably wondering why I wrote tthi. And tobe honest, I really didn't want to.However, I think I owe it every person that is considering CRST foremployment, that they are fully aware of what kind of company CRST is. It is without a doubt the most unprofessional, poorly run,disorganized company I have everworked for bar none.

Grijon, hal380, Mr.X and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Everything thing you wrote was available to you before you signed on with CRST. Wish you the best.

Shaggy, IH Truck Guy, S M D and 7 others Thank this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    A lot of people never find this forum until they become desperate and/or totally let down, and it's too late by then. But then some have to take what they can get.

I think it's fair to say CRST for the most part truly looks at new hires as nothing more then "slaves" and "junk yard dogs". They are not considered as fellow employees, let alone part of the "family" and this is really sad, but what is sadder is the CRST is not alone with this attitude. There are others. And if that's not bad enough, these carriers have found eternal life through the many puppy mills (CDL mills) and the never-ending supply of un-knowing sheep being led to slaughter. Maybe they'll get a month out of them, maybe 3 months if they are lucky, but it will cost them almost nothing once they get their government tax write-offs and various reimbursements and pay the sheep next to nothing until they walk back home, with whatever amount of self-respect they may have left.

I don't see how they manage to keep qualified trainers. They must live miserable lives having witness the misery they foster and enable. Much like the guards in Germany and Poland in the 40's, I guess they learn to deal with it as long as they are paid fairly well.

5. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Thanks for sharing your story of another bottom of the barrel company. Hopefully this will help others to avoid what you went through. Good luck to you.

shannaj82 and Lone Ranger 13 Thank this.
  6. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    CRST is among the worst dirtbag bottom-feeder companies out there, right there with CRE, among others. What STexan says is true of so many of them, these days.

I see a few cheerleaders pop up for these companies, now and again and I can't imagine how crappy their lives were before going to work for these nasty crooks to be able to sing praises. I mean, really. Did their lives suck that much that working for CRST or CRE is a step up?

Shaggy and voodoolady24 Thank this.
  7. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Thanks for taking the time to warn others.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What could CRE or CRST possibly be a step UP from?:eek:

9. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    That is what OTR trucking has become. A place to work when you can't find work or your bills reach the sky.
    Do you know anyone who is raising there kids with the dream of becoming a truck driver?
    It is the destination for the tired, poor and hungry masses who are desperate.

BigBluePeter, Canned Spam and Joetro Thank this.
  10. carramrod32

carramrod32 Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    The Graveyard, OK maybe not.

11. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    There is a YT video of a former mng of CRST who got yelled at for failing to many people on the road test. CRST had to keep shortening the road test so that as many bodies as possible would pass.
    All I cared about doing OTR was money and home time. Now we got people who are worried about what is included in the lunch they get in orientation? Really
    When I went to KLLM in 1990 I had 1 week of behind the wheel training of about 2 hrs per day the rest of my 8 week school was all classroom or backing between cones. The 1 day greyhound ride to the KLLM yard in Woodland CA which consisted of 3 slip seated cabovers and as many trailers was bad. Then I was asked by the 1 dispatcher in the shack who paired me with a trainer if I was ready to go to work and after about 6 hrs after arriving in town I was driving a big rig. Went to Watsonville CA to pick up a load to Atlanta. Team driving. No orientation No sandwich no bull. Just 5 on 5 off for the next 2 weeks. Training was doing the job. 14,000 miles later and 2 weeks I was in my own rig for another 6 and never looked back.
    I did not care what other people did or how long they stayed with the company. In those days you sank or swam. Now they got to worry if your trainer smokes, if they have soda and chips, How new the truck is, etc..
    You see back then people did not drive trucks because they had to, They did it because they wanted to.
    People like me did it because we did not fit into the 9-5 drone lifestyle and wanted the freedom and independence of the open road and being are own boss. And since they payed by the mile, the more miles the better. No can't, no won't, no I am out of hours or on a restart its illegal etc... please speeding is illegal to but I don't see any numptys complaining about that on these forums. It was show me the money and go. Was I unsafe? Hell no and I got jackets and the safety awards collecting dust some were to prove it. We were operators. A check call 1x a day and the rest was on us. Now they got to hold most of these peoples hands or they will have a nervous breakdown. I can't run that load my GPS does not work, how will I ever find the place without ending up in Mexico. My phone apps are not working please help for god sake.
    Now you are in a cubicle on wheels with cameras and electronics calling safety a beep here and a beep there and someone wants a sit down. Dudes constantly monitoring and micromanaging everything even how much money you can make.
    Sorry for the rant but the soda and chips catastrophe sent me over the edge.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.