Crude oil is $86 today.... beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by kogaFX, Oct 9, 2014.

1. halfburn

halfburn Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Jasper AL
    Cars are being financed with sub prime loans. Housing sales only survived because investment companies were buying them for rentals and there are still foreclosures pending from 2008. The banks couldn't take them all at one time and they learned that letting someone live in them for free was better than having it sit empty. Don't get complacent. Prepare for the worst. The government kept the financial house of cards from collapsing with the cash infusion but all it did was put it off and the next one is going to be bad. As for the oil price plunge everyone keeps saying "The Saudi's" but if you look into it, a lot of the fracking was made possible by investment money that had no where to go and artificially made it profitable for a while but the bills are coming due.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oilfieldmike

Oilfieldmike Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    Sub prime car Loans? Tesla sold 10000 cars last year starting at 80000. You don't get sub prime loans on those. My car isn't a suB prime loan. I know a few people who have bought houses. Not everyone is doing bad.

I just bought two trucks and freight is good

The cash stayed with wall street. If it was loaned out then yes, inflation would go nuts.

The oilfield is still going. The bigger companies are doing ok. The amount of lay offs versus the total number of oilfield workers is small. I have a few friends still working the oilfield

The rest of the world is slowing down so just like after world War ii we may be the last man standing

The ones suffering now are the ones that had hundreds of thousands in debt living paycheck to paycheck. Those that were living beyond their means are the ones in big trouble

4. halfburn

Feb 22, 2009
    Jasper AL
    Some more good news.

[h=1]The "Revolver Raid" Arrives: A Wave Of Shale Bankruptcies Has Just Been Unleashed[/h]http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-02/revolver-raid-arrives-wave-shale-bankruptcies-about-be-unleashed

5. halfburn

Feb 22, 2009
    Jasper AL
  6. Seattle206

Seattle206 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
  7. kogaFX

kogaFX Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Frozen Lease Road, ND
    ND rig count is now 84. Schlumberger announces plan to layoff another 11,000 for a total of 20,000, Halliburton/BakerHughes plan to lay another 9,000 off, for a total of 18,000.

I'm always talking to drivers and rates are dropping dropping dropping.

Watch your spending people, save some money, prepare for worst case scenarios... don't be caught with your pants down.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  8. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I started saving as much as I could about three months ago.

9. Oilfieldmike

Oilfieldmike Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    I have a friend that works for MBI. Some nights they are out pulling weeds at the disposals.

The original post called it. I think we can call it bust.

everyone knew it would happen eventually but no one saw OPEC causing it.

It was fun while it lasted

10. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.