Crude oil is $86 today.... beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by kogaFX, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Oilfieldmike

Oilfieldmike Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    The drilling has slowed but the wells are being drilled. On the drilling side, it's slow but Sorta ok

The major difference is in completion. The hole is drilled but capped. No ####### right now.

What I can say is if demand skyrockets and the price recovers to 100 a barrel again, the uncompleted wells are so backlogged, the next boom us gonna be BADA BOOM

3. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Agreed. They are still fracking where I'm at. But I would guess that they're not pumping full out. I see the flow hands come in. My guess is that they're pretty much closing in after flowback.

flightwatch Thanks this.
  4. Oilfieldmike

Oilfieldmike Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    Limited fracking.

After the fracking the flow hand handles what I call the kill the well party. The pressure after the fracking is Hugh and fluid flows, the plugs are still there so after the pressure drops to a certain point they shut it in.

It's like water trucks are the party people that suckers up the beer till the keg is killed, then everyone goes away

Arky Thanks this.
  5. HOTSHOTTER432

HOTSHOTTER432 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2015
    PERMIAN BASIN
    One co. I know of drills the well and lets it flow through the casing until the RRC allows, then they either frac or shut it in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.