CTL TRANSPORTATION

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Indiana RED, May 23, 2015.

1. Indiana RED

Indiana RED Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2015
    wahiawa, HI
    Can anyone give me any good information on CTL there website was lacking to say the least any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ctoles86

ctoles86 Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Just had a recruiter come in and speak with us. They are on the lower end of the pay scale for tanker work. They have a bulk and chemical division.

4. Indiana RED

Mar 23, 2015
    wahiawa, HI
    Thanks yea I been researching them all night and that does seem to be the case

5. CHHALL3

CHHALL3 Light Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Augusta, GA
    I worked there out of the Tampa terminal in 1999, at the time they paid $25 per load, 4 loads a night. I checked on them about 2-3 yrs ago and the pay is pretty much the same. I would say this is the LAST resort company to work for as they pay has not changed in 16+ years. They used to use 5 spd Mack Truck, slip seating and as a new driver, expect to work from Midnight-Noon, to do your 4 loads from the Port of Tampa, to Melbourne through Brandon traffic.

deboise Thanks this.
  6. Indiana RED

Mar 23, 2015
    wahiawa, HI
    Wow thanks for the information

7. Tony850

Tony850 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2015
    Tallahassee FL
    What was the cpm they offered?

8. FLFrenchie

FLFrenchie Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2009
    About 5 years ago they were paying around .29 cpm, which was lower than most companies. Its a starter company and I worked out of the Jacksonville terminal. Even after a year I was getting low miles and only a slight pay increase..maybe in part because of the recession. Honestly I cant stand working in chemical plants whether I'm unloading or not as they're putrid facilities with workers there rarely friendly. The idea of pulling 6000 gallons of ethanol, other flammables around the country for .29cpm is bottom line corrupt. But if you gotta do it to get somewhere else then...
    I'm now pulling vans as lease operator...whew

9. Tanker guy from SAV

Tanker guy from SAV Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2016
    I don't know any drivers at CTL that make .29 cpm. You are mistaken.

10. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    You quoted a post where the driver was talking about 2010 wages.

11. GoldenLad

GoldenLad Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Indiana, I don't know if you're still interested in CTL, but I've been with them for about a few weeks. Start at .45cpm. I know that's nowhere near top tanker pay, but after a year it'll be .50, and that's not bad for a guy like me with no experience. Trucks are nice. I don't really have any complaints yet except no easypass.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.