cummins isx clutch fan replacement

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by lciambotti1, Jul 17, 2015.

1. lciambotti1

lciambotti1 Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    2007 9400I.. What has to come off/out to remove and replace a Horton clutch fan?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I think you can just unbolt the fan and lay it in front of the rad and then unbolt the hub as an assembly.

4. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    First say all the curse words and bad language you know. I am sure it will be the same as my '06 that I sold. Three bolts hold the assembly to the front of the engine. Two are easily visible. The third one you will need an eye on the of your finger to find it. Threading that one back in is even more fun. Find an ISX fan clutch on ebay, google or wherever. To see the actual bracket will help in locating the bolts on the engine. Good Luck.

5. lciambotti1

lciambotti1 Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Got it done. Two guys and about 3 hours. Just like you said. Laid the fan by the radiator and pulled the clutch fan out. Took a bit to get the new one in .First its heavy and awkward to hold in place and reach the mounting bolts. They are tucked in the front cover pretty far, but its buttoned and running.

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Good, I'm glad you used two people. I should have mentioned that. Glad to hear you got it!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.