Cummins ISX12 G natural gas engine, how much does it cost?

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by d60-14, Nov 21, 2013.

1. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    ..and you will spend that $30.000 yearly to fix your truck at dealers... wait 6-8 years !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    CNG or LNG are bad bad ideas in a semi truck.

Tons of engine and fueling problems and you're driving a bomb in an accident.

The guys that came up with the idea should be slapped!

T-boone Pickens and BP Amoco lobbied Washington heavily to convert the trucking industry to this crap. And of course DC has given away millions in taxpayer money to prop up this BS venture!....thanks to all our corrupt politicians paid off by industry!

4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    We had a CNG truck burn to the ground. The only 'bombs' in that fire were the tires. The fuel tanks look as if they were untouched, despite everything around them having been burned away.

I drove one before they were mothballed pending an investigation into the cause. The only fueling problems I had were when I went to a low capacity fueling station. It took longer to fuel, and I just avoided those stations in the future.

With today's diesel prices, there's little to no cost savings associated with using CNG...

5. tony97905

tony97905 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Land of Ahhhhhs
    I'm actually a certified tank inspector for CNG and the tanks are #### near indestructible....nothing is 100% but I saw one that came out of a taxi that a GMC had rear-ended and you could see GMC imprinted on the tank but it wasn't compromised structurally enough that it failed. Read up on the required air-fuel-ratio of natural gas and one would be surprised what it takes for an explosion.

6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Hopefully my diesel engine will last long enough for the engineers to figure out a way to put a big battery pack in its place and a 10,000 watt generator to recharge it while driving-- I estimate 30 - 50 miles per gallon.

7. DAles Truck Parts

DAles Truck Parts Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Have a 2014 VNL we are parting out with these tanks if any one is interested.
    Dales Truck Parts INC. 800-848-3589

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.