Current Werner drivers!

Discussion in 'Werner' started by FireFighter_02, Jun 28, 2016.

1. FireFighter_02

FireFighter_02 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Evening all,
    I got dropped off at the hotel by my trainer, going to test out in the morning however I forgot my Werner id badge in my trainers truck....I hope they don't give me a problem...what should I do? Just be honest or say I lost it or what?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Be honest and tell them you left it in the trainers truck. It's not like they can't make you a new one or get the old one back. Besides, if he has it, they'll find out anyway.

CrappieJunkie Thanks this.
  4. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    Yeah, I just know safety are definitely not the nicest people in the world lol

5. Dakota1358

Dakota1358 Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Staunton,Va
    Best way to start a new job is not to be lying to them.Just tell them its in your trainers truck and they'll either get it back or get you a new one.

6. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    I'm also curious what the process is like promoting to solo driver

7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Get a truck - ensure it has all paperwork, stickers & permits, get a load, deliver load. Next day: get a load, deliver load. Go home somewhere in there, then return, get a load, deliver load. Ad infinitum, ad nauseaum.
    It should be about the same as you've done w. your trainer, only on your own.

FireFighter_02 Thanks this.
  8. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Just tell them it's in your trainers truck. It takes 5 min for them to make you a new one.
    Make sure you thoroughly inspect truck. Especially at Allentown or lithia spring. Those 2 terminals have a lot of u desirable trucks.

9. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    I got a very undesirable truck from Lakeland, see my other thread, my Werner experience. I am supposed to be assigned a load to Georgia to be routed to lithia springs to swap trucks as the one I have has been sold. Omaha told me I'd have a brand new truck but I'm not counting on it just crossing my fingers.

10. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    If they say it's sold, and pull you in for an equipment upgrade plan on either a very lightly used low mileage truck or a brand new one

FireFighter_02 Thanks this.
  11. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    OP, you said that you had experience but took a two year break from driving right? How long did Werner have you go out with a trainer for a refresher?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.