Currently Hauling Cars & Thinking Containers

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by PO Stoner, Jul 6, 2015.

1. PO Stoner

PO Stoner Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2015
    I'm making $70k+ (50+ hours/week) and good benefits hauling cars, home every night, off weekends and manage myself...but I've developed bad ankle issues and can't handle the physical demands of car hauling any more. I'm ready to buy my own truck ($40-$50K truck) and go o/o. If my numbers are right, I need to gross $3k plus 23%+ FSC (about $3500) running 2500ish miles per week to match what I make now. Is this even possible? According to a Reload recruiter I can do even better. I've been driving 10 years so what recruiters say carries very little weight with me. I'm looking into Container Port, Triple Crown, Hub Group and Reload in Kansas City. Anybody know what each company pays or offer some insight into any of these companies? Reload pays 80% plus 23%+ FSC and are currently my favorite since the driver manager and his wife (I think it was his wife) took the time to talk with me at a trucker's jamboree. I think all of these companies offer o/o's medical. What's that cost an o/o with a family? Help me out here..especially if you're in KC. Does anyone answer their C.B.'s anymore (old guys still use them)? I've tried getting the 411 the analog way. LOL.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.