DAC Report question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dbrook, May 20, 2015.

1. dbrook

dbrook Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2013
    I have a job right now that is not good at all, but it is a job. I am applying for a new job and really can't afford to give my NOW job a "proper notice". It is costing me more money to drive to work than I am making. That being said if I find a job that I will be able to live with, does "Not giving proper notice" show up on my DAC report or reported anywhere? I have ALWAYS given proper notice, but this job has me in a financial bind, I need to go to work for a better paying company immediately.
    Thanks in advance for your answers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Tell them you have a family emergency and must leave right away or tell them you are too ill to work, I do not believe the quiting and giving notice is a big deal, I am sure that you did not sign an agreement to give notice, , return the truck to your terminal and remove your belongings and just tell them you are no longer going to work for them for personal reasons,
    don't worry about a DAC report,,most companies don't use them only the big carriers with large
    driver turn over problems.

Tell us who the company is,,

4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Give a notice...even if it is 1 hour. Make sure everything with the new job is confirmed before you give notice.

5. dbrook

dbrook Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Thanks guys, I wouldn't mind giving a day or so notice, but this company has not been what they said they would be. I do not have a great situation right now, and I am getting very down. I am currently with a company that is taking $100 a week from my paycheck, for a insurance fee. I needed a job and this is a second chance company. I have had ONE wreck and no Injuries/death was involved. I learned to HOLD the line no matter if you are going to kill someone or not! I have a family with 2 special needs children and I am driving 1 hour and half each way to get to this second chance job that is only paying me by the hour and working me. After costs, to drive there and sometimes making me sleep in my car because I can't turn around in time to get back (one day worked 23 hrs) I am walking away with on a good week $300. I am desperately looking for a job and no one will touch me and I don't know how my family Is going to survive off this pay.If anyone called all my bosses in the past they would say I am NOT afraid to work and will always be there for them. Just need a good break right now. Sorry for the rant......

6. Diesel Blood

Diesel Blood Bobtail Member

May 21, 2015
    Give them notice so they can plan around you. If you don't give them any notice it might put extra work on the other drivers. Think about everyone involved before you quit with no notice.

7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Dude, you don't want to convert a job that is a hassle right now into a muti-year hassle on your DAC report. Even if you are losing money every day you keep working at the current job, that will be much better than screwing up your DAC report and having to work only at companies that know you have no better options.

8. GreenMonster9669

GreenMonster9669 Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2014
    St Louis
    Give notice then ask if you can go ahead and leave. They might go ahead and cut you loose.

9. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Do you have the next employer already lined up?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.