Dac report

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BCH, Sep 24, 2006.

1. pathfinder

pathfinder Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2007
    central,MN
    Thanks Mik, still haven't decided on schooling yet. Company or private, thats why this has come up. I obviously dont want to spend more than I need, or spend it then not be able to work. From what I have read here the vo-tech route seems to be the first choice,even though its longer, twice as long. But as my wife asked"what are the others leaving out?" But it does sound like any good co. will have a training period, that sounds like the only way to go. But ultimetly I need to figure the record/past thing first.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mikroos5

mikroos5 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Mass.
    Even if you go to the Voc-Tech to get your training(which I highly recomend)you will still have to go with a trainer with any company that hires you.

The school is there to teach the basics to get you started.But the fun really begins when you get to your new company,becouse then you will go out with a trainer for 6 to 8 weeks for most companys to hone your skills in real time situations.The nice thing is they will pay you while you are with your trainer.

If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask there are alot of great people here to help you on your new adventure.Good Luck

4. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    I'm using DacFix myself..... $27. for a copy. They seem to be a good company and easy to talk to. Could of probably done it myself but for the price they charged I figured it was a deal.

5. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    A sign of the times the DAC report....a nice way for a company to get vindictive on someone if they quit under a cloud and almost ruin their chances to get another job in the trucking industry. As usual something that could be a useful tool for BOTH companies and drivers gets completely mis-used and ends up crapping all over the poor driver as usual!!!

6. witchwaywest

witchwaywest Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Monroe New York
    When I left my company recently,after 13 years,I heard about DAC reports.I emailed usis for more info on how to obtain a copy.They got back to me.I mailed a request for a copy and it was sent.I found no errors in the report.A DAC can be obtained by law once per year free of charge as can be your credit report.Employers are not only interested in your driving record,criminal background and past employment but also your credit history.Check these things out before you apply for a job and correct any misinformation that shows up.When I started driving trucks in 1980 this stuff didn't exist.What a more complex world now.Good luck with trucking,it's a good job, a tough job, but a rewarding job.

7. StallionMarine

StallionMarine Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Spanish Fork Utah
    A DUI/DWI Open container violation over 10 years ago should not be a hindrance. I have seen numerous employment applications, and the history asked for on DUI/DWI is typically within the last 7 or 10 years in a automobile and NEVER a DUI/DWI in a commercial vehicle. So If your alcohol related ticket is over 10 years old, or you NEVER got a alcohol related ticket in a commercial vehicle, you should be just fine. Good luck on your new career.

Trucking got me out of the construction (working physically killing myself) industry. It has put me on new Harley Davidson and Buell motorcycles, new car and beautiful 3bd, 2 1/2 bath, 3 car garage custom home. I may be leaving the trucking industry for a new career, installing home and business alarm systems. I can now be home every day and work when I want to. For me the only down side of truck driving was the time away from home, 3-5 weeks at a time.

8. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    Another good way to get a Copy of your DAC if you are ever turned down from a Company because of it, Ask that company, they should give you a copy of your DAC from the day it was pulled.

I should know, JB Hunt does this.

9. cj8

cj8 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2006
    I was just reading about "DAC Fix". 150 bucks for a 1 time fix?

Geeesh... I guess someone found a way to make even more money from a truckers misfortune.:biggrin_25513:

10. Aubrey Allen Smith

Aubrey Allen Smith Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Dunnellon, Fl
    USIS Commercial Services Division
    4500 South 129th East Avenue
    Suite 200
    Tulsa, Oklahoma 74134-5885

1-800-381-0645

11. NorCalTrucker

NorCalTrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Elk Grove, CA
    A DUI/DWI is only valid on your driving record for 7 years. When you pull your 10 year MVR if they are still on there you can call your local DMV and they will give you a number to call to make corrections. When I went to school I had 2 20 year old DUI's on my MVR and an accident that was 6 years old. DMV removed these and at that point you do not have to disclose that information to anyone. It is not lying because there is no record of it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.