Dalys Truck Driving School

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by CassCreek, Nov 14, 2015.

1. CassCreek

CassCreek Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2015
    Just finished my first week at Dalys Truck Driving school in Buford, Ga. So far a great experience. Long 10 hour days but full of great information taught by skilled, intelligent instructors. This first week is class room instruction over GK, Air Brakes and Combinations in prep for the LP. I came to school already having my permit, but still learned so much more during this first week. The instructors take their time to explain to u in detail any questions you have. Very professional and no none sense approach. Moving on to yard training Monday.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How much cost/tuition?

4. CassCreek

CassCreek Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2015
    3500$ They do in house financing as well. The office staff are very helpful and will work with u.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. CassCreek

CassCreek Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2015
    Wanted to update this thread on my experience at Dalys Truck Driving School in Buford Ga. I moved though my second week of school. The second week was all yard. We started our da off from 7am-8am doing pre-trip. Dalys trains you on 6 backing skills. The first you will learn is the straight line. Then you move to the 90 degree, the off set (left and right) conventional parallel and blind side parallel. You will spend about an hour to an hour and a half at each station before rotating to the next. You will do this all day, 5 days a week 10hrs a day. At the end of the second week you will be required to pass Dalys yard test on each skill. If successful you will then move to the third phase (week). On the third week you will start on the road training. The day will start the same from 7am-8am pre-trip. Then you will spend half the day on the road driving and the other half on the yard practicing skills. At the end of the third week you will once again be tested. If you are successful at passing Dalys skills test they will then schedule you an appointment to take your CDL at the DDS in Gainsville. Once you arrive at the DDS you will be randomly given an advanced skill. (blindside parallel, conventional parallel or 90degree backing.) You will also be given a random pretrip.. As far as me I was one of the lucky guys who the computer gave the whole truck to pretrip and my advance skill was the blind side parallel. You will move through the pre-trip and air brake test with examiner. Then you will move to backing. After you have completed those sections successfully you will move to on the road training wich will take you on a course of hwy, 2 lane roads, industrial park and downtown Gainsville. In my experience Dalys prepared me for all this. I was successful on my first try and received my CDL. During my time at Dalys I applied to several companies and was prehired by 3. I chose to go with PTL out of Murray Ky. I am actually writing this from my hotel room in Murray as I start my first day of orientation tomorrow morning. Dalys will teach you what you need to know to pass the CDL test and get you on your way to becoming a driver in the trucking industry. However, they will not give you anything... You WILL have to earn it.

SHOJim, G13Tomcat and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Congrats, and WELCOME, driver. Sounds like you were trained right? E-logs and cameras? Paper? Either way, Kudos. Great to hear somebody being trained and not "treated" to a CDL!!!!

Be safe & best wishes...seems like you got this!

Tomcat

CassCreek Thanks this.
  7. CassCreek

CassCreek Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2015
    Appreciate it man. We did go over Elogs briefly but not a lot. I'm currently in orientation with PTL and we are taking a class on it now. Dalys did train us on paper logs but as we know the industry is quickly moving away from that. Stay safe driver

G13Tomcat and rachi Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.