Dash and floor on psgr side gets HOT, HOT, HOT

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by April_4567, Aug 27, 2015.

1. April_4567

April_4567 Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2015
    My husband drives a 2015 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution and as a passenger I've been having a huge issue with tremendous amounts of heat coming in through an area between the dash and door and also the enormous amount of heat that builds up under my seat and feet. The floor gets so incredibly hot that it actually burns my feet through my shoes. I have to take my shoes off and set my feet over them. My husband doesn't have a problem with his side getting too hot. He also has 4 ac vents and has to turn the ac down so that it doesn't freeze him out, but the 2 vents on my side can't seem to keep up with all the heat. It's extremely difficult for me to sit in a hot box for hours on end. I am also thirsty constantly because of it and just cannot seem to drink enough. I feel like I'm slowly cooking all day and I guess I actually am. :-(

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Do you smell exhaust? Its the truck loud? Does it get worse when your sitting idling? Thats the side the exhaust pipe is on, maybe a bad exhaust leak could be heating up the floor board?

April_4567 Thanks this.
  4. April_4567

Aug 27, 2015
    No, I don't smell exhaust. (Only when he has recirc off). He said it's probably because the exhaust and muffler are under the area of my seat? Is REALLY gets hot when he's pulling hills and the turbo kicks in. Sometimes I expect to see flames under my seat or feet. He gets none of this and obviously doesn't realize the heat I deal with on my side. ONLY if the ac is on max cool and full blower is it bearable to sit in this seat. When we are stopped, the heat lasts quite awhile until everything finally cools down after running for hours.

5. April_4567

Aug 27, 2015
    Sometimes (depending on how long we've been running, if he pulled a lot of hills, it's not warm enough outside for full ac and he kicks the ac to where it's part ac part heat, it almost smells like something is "cooking", but not something good smelling.

6. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Hot flashes....

April_4567 and Mr.X Thank this.
  7. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Could be a chunk of flex pipe has split at a seam, that close to the manifold you might have blue flames shooting up toward the floorboards when your going uphill. I would be mostly worried about idling while in the sleeper, you might never wake up!
    If its flex pipe then it would be pretty cheap to fix!

April_4567 Thanks this.
  8. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    When the truck was new it had steel heat shields over ex, when they changed parts they may have rusted or been removed, volvo and other trucks got so hot I could keep lunch hot by setting it on pass. side floor an throwing my jacket over the top of it.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  9. April_4567

Aug 27, 2015
    No, I thank God I'm not having hot flashes (YET). I honestly think I'd have to open the door and jump if I start getting those.

Mr.X and truckon Thank this.
  10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I agree with the missing heat shielding. That is the exhaust side and the exhaust pipe runs right below that area.

11. April_4567

Aug 27, 2015
    Hmmmm......
    I have been mentioning it for several months now and it does seem to be getting worse.
    Seems like something he should be looking at and checking out, but since HE doesn't have a problem on HIS side, he sees no problem. :-(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.