dashboard

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by andyzh, Feb 1, 2016.

1. andyzh

andyzh Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2016
    I have a 2005 VOLVO TRACTOR, Autoshift, Cummins ISX. Recently the Dashboard only works at "cold" condition, after 5~20 minutes of starting the engine, the information Display shows up: check lights control module, check vehicle ECU, check air bag, check climate module, finally show "check datalink". Speedmetre, RPM, oil pressure, water temperature gauges and gear position are all dead, only Fuel, Air, Pressure and Turbo gauges work. We have replaced new dashboard, but nothing changed. And we checked J1939 communication wire OHMS is 60 at either back of dashboard plugs and data link. All modules are working good except information module. When dash was out, we did connect the laptop via datalink. We could communicate with ECU normally. The problem looks like the dashboard is so sensitive and easily quits working. We had checked batteries and main ground cables and all fuses. We did the test, after removing all lights control module fuses, ABS module fuse, climate fuse etc., the dashboard sometimes works, but most of the time it is not working, this really drives me crazy, what's the problem, I really need help. Thanks a lot!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    You might have to take apart the cluster and see if there is a loose wire or maybe have to resolder a joint.

Good luck

4. andyzh

andyzh Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2016
    thx. but its new dashboard.

5. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Do you have any old qualcomm wiring on the truck, maybe by the passager side footwell just check if it's shorting usually headaches like this come from this wiring acting up and messing with datalink. Also do u have good power coming to the cab when this occurs does anything else shut off like radio blower things of that nature

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.