Davis Transfer Carnesville, G.A.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by johnjos6, Aug 5, 2013.

1. johnjos6

johnjos6 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Lie Lie Lie!!!!!! BUT yes it is true when William P. the recruiter tells you you will stay mostly in the south east mostly fl and ga...... but its a huge lie when they tell you the miles you will be driving..... prepare to wait and sit at shippers and consignees for up to 24 hrs I sat for 24 hours my 2nd load with the company which picked up 30 miles from the terminal. Manni the operations manager is a smart ###, and according to him has done everything you can think of including drive a truck for years which if you meet him or know him you know hes full of it.. as far as weekly home time goes I don't know I had to stay out 2 and 3 weeks at a time just to make 1650 to 2100 miles a week..... and when I gave my 3 weeks notice the next week I got a message from Glinda E the safety director who along with most of the people there has a personality of a brick wall..... telling me to come to the terminal and talk to her.... well as soon as I walk into her office she accuses me of using profanity against another weird employee there in a conversation we had over the phone...... (which if that was really the case Tater in night time dispatch would have been fired years ago but yet he is still there and uses profane language all the time)... So anyways at that time she says we are accepting your notice effective today clear out your truck.... so I do then I inquire about me getting home and hour and a half north of Carnesville in Spartanburg sc..... and she says oh your on ur own there we wont provide you a ride home....... and they never approved me to take my truck home everytime I asked about this they would tell me to ask someone else who would intern tell me to ask another person so on and so forth..... watch out for this company they lie and they also love to make drivers drive when they shouldn't (ie drive on little sleep) watch out they are a waste of time.....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. johnjos6

johnjos6 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2013
    another thing the ops manager there Manni, likes to compare driving a truck when your tired and have been up all day waiting to get loaded, and have gotten 8 hrs into a 10 hr break and your tired. Well he likes to compare that to staying up late at night and watching tv..... He is a grade A Pr! (k....... If you go to work for these weirdos watch out for him do not trust this #####..................

4. johnjos6

johnjos6 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2013
    They also try EVERYTHING under the sun to get out of paying you detention..... Miles are crappy.....Equipment is good..... Shop manager is an ##### usually.... shop guys are nice though

5. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Strange all the adds say 85% southeast.

Manny and jerry do leave a lot to be desired.

6. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    I remember Manny from LinkAmerica. He did ok for me when i needed things.

7. trkdrvrs get screwed over

trkdrvrs get screwed over Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Florida
    Did that Manny used to work at Link America in their Lakeland, FL terminal, across the street from Davis Transfer in Lakeland ?? Do you know ?

8. trkdrvrs get screwed over

trkdrvrs get screwed over Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Florida
    It is him ! I thought that Manny at Link America was a big blowhard ! He promised me so much stuff, like getting Breakdown pay, Detention pay , Layover pay, and I NEVER got it !! Manny was awful, full of lies and unfulfilled promises ! I had a situation once with my truck in the Shop in Lakeland, at Link, he wanted me to write a statement ( it was long and complicated ) as I sat home a long time while my truck was getting repaired. I wrote it all out, detail after detail, who I had spoken with, everything, etc. I NEVER got a thing, he didn't do a thing, he never lifted a finger to help me after promising me that he would!!

9. foxy

foxy Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Good day Truck Drivers, I just wanted to say that those things written about KLLM are true. No raise for the past 5 years. They lowered the pay in 2009. It has been said that "the drivers won't get a raise unless the sales people get more business." I was told this first hand by a Supervisor. The layover pay that $200 per day in your handbook is a lie. They ask for favors and you drive like crazy to get the load to the shipper and they leave you holding the bag. You then sit until they decide you are worthy to get a load. They call you on your days off to make you run a load for them. Then when you need to shut down to rest they give you the shaft. Yes they lie big to get you in the door then they put bad things on your DAC so others wont hire you. Trucks that are turned in from other lease drivers the price is hiked back up so KLLM can make a profit. They give solo's runs they know they will be late with, then they will get a team to run like hell to try to make it on time. The solo's just run the fuel surcharge/miles down. This company really sucks. I speak thisfrom 6 years eexperience. I have left for better pay and less hassle. DON'T SLAVE FOR KLLM!!! It's really bad when you tax preparer say that KLLM is racking you over the Red Hot Coals.

Velli Thanks this.
  10. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    :biggrin_25512:.............

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  11. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Yes that's correct

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.