Davis Transfer Carnesville, G.A.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by johnjos6, Aug 5, 2013.

1. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Yes. I went back to Davis after five months and am still with them.

250 truck company that has improved drivers pay, working hard to improve overall scores. which are pretty good now. Finally said enough is enough and pushing/enforcing higher standards..

starting pay is .36cpm with decent benefits.

Trucks are Cascadia with epu's and bunk heaters. ten speed dd15's. governed at 63 right now. raising speed to 67. Putting cameras in the trucks. Qualcom, e-logs.

Has three terminals: Carnesville,ga Valdosta,Ga and Lakeland,Fl. Are looking for drivers in Jacksonville,Fl for a new account.

Usual trucking company complaints, but a small company that you know the office and they know you.

Biggest complaint? Hauls a ton for publixs.....lol

bbmyls2go and raingirl1029 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cslcannon

cslcannon Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Simple just stay away from this 2 faced lying company trucks r OK trailers are junk manni is a pos he will yell and cuss at you on the phone you will not get detention pay all dispatchers only care about when they can go home if they even come in at all a wet mop has more personality their terminal are crappie run down dirt parking nothing for drivers if you sleep at a terminal you will be woke up at 8am with a shop guy opening your truck to check milage can't take your truck home cameras and brake sensors on trucks you would be very very lucky to get 2000 miles a week then they push you to work some weekends when you do you run maybe 500 miles all weekend they will get you home late Friday night and wand you to leave Sunday afternoon but recruiting will tell you you get every weekend off last I checked the weekend is sat and sun come back Monday not with Davis if you have some issues at home forget it they same family oriented maybe for them but not drivers my house got sold had 1 week to get out I took off wed to mon I they knew this I called my dispatcher Vanessa mon morning she said great call me when you get to the truck and I'll get you rolling I got to the truck 15 min later well they had cleaned my truck out and fired me also the pos that packed up my truck stole the cash I had in the drawer it was only 20 bucks but still and he took my steering wheel ball I called Carnevale talked to manni he played stupid like he didn't know I was moving that weekend simply put this is not a good company bunch of ####### kinda funny the I referred a friend was going to get a 1000 referral bonus the week after he started I got fired without any notice hhhmmmm

4. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Really? What terminal? Leaving something out?

Strange I've NEVER heard Manni yell/cuss and trust me I've given him reason to.

5. johnjos6

johnjos6 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Sounds about right

6. PDangelico

PDangelico Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2016
    My husband works for Davis going on 6 yrs. they treat him good and he gets anywhere from 1500 miles to 3000 miles in a week. Electronic logs, decent benefits and good people. No job is perfect and there are bound to be flaws anywhere. There are a lot of drivers that don't take good care of the equipment but they have started cracking down on clean tractors. It's the trailers some don't care about and just drop,them without putting a repair order on it. It just takes a minute to do and no reason not to. They need to think about how they would feel if they were picking up the trailers that they drop with repairs needed. Davis has been good to us!

7. cslcannon

cslcannon Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2013
    D
    Nt matter what terminal it's all ran from carnsville

8. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Still with davis?

9. cslcannon

cslcannon Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2013
    No

10. moose2517

moose2517 Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Piedmont, AL
    Lmaooo. I worked for them from 2009 to 2014and yes Manni is a grade A A- hole. He is part of the reason, so many good drivers quit. He told me he knows more than me because he has been in the business 40 years. I asked him if he drove a truck for that long, he said no I said we'll if you have never been in a truck, shut the ##.....up and get off my phone. I never accepted calls from him again. Walt used to call me if they needed anything.

11. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    As with anything in life, there will be good and bad things. Trucking companies are no different. You've got your bottom feeders out there. Do your research when scouting trucking companies. They do their research when hiring drivers, so you've got to be as diligent as they are.

longbedGTs Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.