Dedecated Runs

Discussion in 'PAM' started by redcav86, Jan 8, 2015.

1. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    I have been made some recent offers close to that so I would not discount it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lone Star Trucker

Lone Star Trucker Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Cedar Park, TX
    Just spoke with a recruiter about a dedicated run hauling auto parts from Laredo to Detroit. She said it was .29 cpm and you get 3,000 miles plus per week and home for two days. Just doing a quick time-distance calculation, I'm not sure how you're home 2 days a week, but could be wrong. Also, are you picking this loaded trailer up at the PAM terminal in Laredo (or somewhere else) and taking it to the plant in Lansing, MI or are you going to any plant in Detroit? If anybody has any information on this run, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

4. BallC74

BallC74 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2014
    When I drove there, I ran Laredo to Lansing dedicated. It's tight, but yeah, you can get it done in 5 days and have 2 off if you live along the lane. Now, I'm not sure about Detroit, but it's not much more mileage.
    Yes, you pick up at the Laredo terminal and go cat go!
    Who was the recruiter?

5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Keep in mind this was a decade and a half ago, but when I worked there on a dedicated run, I was home 4 nights per week and never gone more than just overnight. I lived pretty near the mid-point of the run...go up, make my 5 picks and go home. Next leg was the run down to the other end, where I had 2 stops and back to the house. A turn and a half per week...3 nights in the truck, with the other 4 at the house every week. Never gone more than just 2 days/1 night.

So yeah, those easy runs with lots of home time ARE there...even at the OTR companies...IF you live in the right spot. Had I lived on one end or the other, it would've been a 4 day/3 night run and would've only been able to turn 1/week.

The Patriot Thanks this.
  6. Lone Star Trucker

Aug 25, 2012
    Cedar Park, TX

Thanks for the info, the recruiter is Kachina Edmisten. So what kind of money were you making on this account, at 29 cpm, your going to need good miles to make any kind of money.

7. BallC74

BallC74 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2014
    My deal was a bit different. I was driving as a contractor for an owner/op and he was paying me 50% of the load. It was easy to make $1,200/week. You should call her back and ask if she has any owner/ops that can use you. That's the money way to go.

8. Lone Star Trucker

Aug 25, 2012
    Cedar Park, TX
    So apparently the Laredo to Detroit run has been filled, so I've been offered either the Laredo, TX to Lewisville, TX run (Rheem A/C) or the Laredo, TX to Nashville, TN (GM Parts). If anyone has any information on either of these two, I would appreciate it. Also, there is a pretty good chance that I will be starting orientation in Irving, TX on Aug 17th, Would like to get some info on what to expect during orientation, what the terminal is right and what to expect from the Days Inn. Thank you.

9. BallC74

BallC74 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Shoot for the Laredo/Nashville dedicated. It's a good easy lane with good miles.
    I ran it for them a few times and liked it a lot.

Orientation is all pretty basic stuff. Just make sure to study your pre-trip inspection and don't get too nervous for the road test. You'll do fine.

10. Lone Star Trucker

Aug 25, 2012
    Cedar Park, TX
    I haven't drove a tractor trailer since Nov 2014, not too concerned with the road test as long as they don't get too crazy with it and understand my shifting might be a little rusty.

I was considering the Laredo/Nashville because of the miles. Are you picking up a loaded trailer at the Laredo terminal or are you live loading? Is it a live unload in Nashville? Is there any Hazmat involved? What kind of miles were you able to get in on this run? Appreciate the info Ball.

11. BallC74

BallC74 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2014
    No hazmat on this lane.
    I think I got 2800 miles pretty easy on that lane the couple weeks I ran it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.