Deleted GPS locations keep coming back

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Naptown, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I have a Garmin Nuvi52LM. I don't use it much for navigation, but I like to have it to keep track of arrival times and such. I switched jobs this past February and deleted all of the old saved locations that I wouldn't be needing anymore. Oddly, these deleted locations keep reappearing, almost like they don't want to be forgotten. I delete them yet again, and a few weeks later they show back up. Anyone know how I can erase these data files for good without losing the saved locations I want to keep?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I went through this with a Nuvi 255W some time ago. Drove me crazy to the point I was ready to pitch the thing out the window on more than one occasion. To be honest, I don't remember exactly how I fixed it, but IIRC, I did a data back up, a "hard" reset (deleting everything and returning to factory settings), did any device updating necessary, then re-loaded my data. I'm a bit fuzzy on the last step because I don't recall if I re-loaded, or re-created my data. Anyhow, the problem got fixed. I do remember scouring the Internet for any and all discussions regarding this issue. So, while my post isn't particularly helpful... there is hope. ;)

4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

What now you're to far out of rte. from your favorite stopping points and it wants to send you there anyway? lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.