Destination Unknown

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by TruckDuo, May 26, 2013.

1. Plantfoam

Plantfoam Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2015
    DFW
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I suppose that you guys going dedicated speaks for itself:albino:
    Yes, waiting for appointment times and doing solo/super solo find is what I'm expecting for us at my current outfit. There seems to be a lot of dedicated opportunities in the Dallas area, so we will continue to look into it all as we get closer to making the jump.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Your GF only needs 3 months experience to be considered experienced at USX. If you do decide to come on over, let us know. We'll help anyway we can.

Good luck !

Plantfoam Thanks this.
  4. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
  5. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Wanted to give a major update to any student drivers thinking about coming on board with US Xpress. Due to the lack of trainers, the company isn't hiring on students who have to do 250 hours of training.

So when speaking with a recruiter....make sure you get clarification on if you would be able to get hired on or wait-listed.

The hiring freeze isn't expected to last a long time. They just need to catch up on students.

Private message me if you need further assistance.

Night Prowler Thanks this.
  6. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Lack of trainers? Who would have thought? You know that just makes me laugh and shake my head at the same time.

Working for Barr Nunn now. 52cpm unless its hazmat then its 55cpm. Not counting 1-3 cpm for band pay if its less than 600 miles total. The benefits area actually affordable and worth getting.

Still, if USX called me and said we've got that tour you've been hounding us for if youll just come back and upgrade a student a month like you used to Id go back. But what can I say, Im a sucker for a Laredo tour.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  7. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    @BigBluePeter, glad you got on with a good company. Miss having you on here.

8. Hudson_MacBeth

Hudson_MacBeth Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2015
  9. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Thanks TD. I think what is wrong with USX is there are a bunch of people that just see their own little picture and no one that sees the whole picture.

I will say this though. It is really nice to go to a customer and have them happy to see you. A total 180 from what Im used to.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  10. Hudson_MacBeth

Hudson_MacBeth Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Thanks for the update, TD, and thank you for trying to help in my situation. I really appreciate you trying, and if I ever find someone willing to hire an experienced, but "stale" driver, and I come across you and your lady on the road some day, I will spring for dinner.

11. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the compliment ! Keep us updated on your situation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.