Didn't have too many problems with Barr Nunn

Discussion in 'Barr-Nunn' started by TaserTot, Jan 30, 2012.

1. TaserTot

TaserTot Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    West/Central TX
    I worked for Barr Nunn for a little over a year. The only problem I had was that if you are NE Regional the dispatcher at the time 2009-2010 was a real slacker. You had to stay on him to get loads. He also had his favorites. I wasn't really one of them but I got loads because I didn't turn anything down. The guys that turn down loads there or gripe about stuff tend to sit alot. There are probably more driver managers like that than not in the trucking industry though.

Alot of the guys whined about them turning the trucks down from 65 to 62 mph but I was used to that from other companies. I think if you are going to drive a truck for any of the larger companies you might as well get used to that.

Another gripe was that they would call you if you idled too much. If you're smart you will figure out how to get around that. If they do call you just be polite and tell them that it was really humid and you couldn't sleep. You should have you're phone OFF if you are trying to sleep anyway unless you are waiting for a shipper or reciever to call you for a door.

I worked my butt off for Barr Nunn. I got good miles and they treated me right most of the time. Overall I would say that they are a little better than the larger companies out there but certainly not the best.

I will say that, like alot of companies, they seemed to go through a phase when things got really bad where they were trying to get rid of the veteran drivers that were making the higher cpm. Seems like nearly every company did that though.

I should also add that I was on a semi-dedicated Kelloggs account near Allentown, PA so that might be why I got miles.

If anyone has any questions I will try to answer them as best I can.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
    silverspur Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    im headin to barr nunn tomorrow ( sunday the 17th of march ) to start orientation monday

4. TaserTot

TaserTot Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    West/Central TX
    Hey Bubba...so how's it going over there? Is Bob still the Northeast dispatcher?

5. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT
    No. He hasn't been the Northeast Dispatcher for quite a while now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.