Disgruntled employee shoots up knight transportation in katy tx

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by drvrtech77, May 4, 2016.

1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I told them I was driving the 700 miles from Dothan Alabama to Dallas empty. They pulled a load out of their a•• picking up 10 miles from where I was at. I delivered that load three days later and parked my truck at the Hutchins terminal. Yes a 700 mile load with three days on it, IDIOTS! THEN they called me a few days later and wanted me to bring my truck to Katy. Good grief, but I did drive it down there the next week and rented a car to get home. Best decision I ever made, quitting that company.

OverDrive, rachi and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I had the unfortunate circumstance of getting caught behind one of their trucks yesterday on a 2-lane highway (183) just after crossing into Oklahoma from Kansas. It's hilly in that part of the world, and this guy rode the brakes down every single hill, no matter how small. In the 5 or so miles I was behind him, his brake lights were on as much as they were off. I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I KNOW those brakes were pretty hot. Lord have mercy if someone were to pull out in front of him and he had to make a panic stop.

Is this something they teach their drivers to do? Is it a "safety" thing? Not only would that drive me crazy, but it is in no way safe. It burns more fuel and wears out the brakes, not to mention keeping them nice and toasty all the time.

4. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    nevermind, dont wanna go there

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  5. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    i can understand it all pretty well, im one to always give somthin a try, well i tried out a new company and took a cut in pay thinking maybe i would enjoy the job and not worry so much about the money, well ive realized my change in attitude and how negative ive become lately, i realize what low wages do to people and how it affects them without them even knowing it, the company im with doesnt treat me bad in anyway but i think the lack of pay shows a lack of respect for people amd makes them bitter and feel like slaves out here when its already bad enough dealing with what we deal with, i made the choice to come here and will make the choice to leave but when you have what you think is a decent paying job with people you think respect you and you take a step back by choice, man its an eye opener, ive never felt more empathy for new drivers out here and what they have to put up with and what they are led to believe. you owe it to yourselves to believe your worth more than what some of these companies think you are, they can easily replace you but you can also replace them.

OverDrive and bigjoel Thank this.
  6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    @againstthewind, it would appear that you have joined the "Old Too Soon and Wise Too Late" club. Don't feel alone, most of us have been members at one time or another...

scottlav46, Sho Nuff, 91B20H8 and 4 others Thank this.
  7. Sux2beu

Sux2beu Light Load Member

I had knight call me 5 times in 10 minutes. I kept hanging up. Then on the last call. I told them welfare pays better and to quit calling me.

51.50 Thanks this.
  8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    o_ONo that's just inexperience.
    They still to this day send me emails, snail mail, and I get the occasional robo call.

Bunch a dopey rats! :biggrin_2559:

9. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    I truly wish that there would be a Congressional investigation into the dirty labor practices of trucking companies. There needs to be a reform of the labor laws regarding fair compensation for drivers. These companies use deception and theft of wages, which should be illegal.

tahokid, Toomanybikes and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Just found out the terminal mgr mike who was one of the few who actually took care of drivers was the one murdered this am...he leaves behind wife and toddler son..

11. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I can't get over the ignorant trying to catch a laugh posts here!

scottlav46, Finfn1372, xlsdraw and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.