distracted driving at its best

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by 379exhd, May 20, 2015.

1. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    SHO-TYME Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6daysontheroad

6daysontheroad Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    Just goes to show how a moment of not paying attention can have an impact on many people. Luckily no one died. It seems the driver got off pretty easy with only $100.00 fine

4. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Yeah, wait till the civil suits come rolling in. He's done.

SHO-TYME Thanks this.
  5. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    No kidding. I talked with the wife about it today drove by the skid marks it appears he crossed the median about 70ft. After the intersection Maybe a little farther she mentioned he was probably texting or something it's hard to say.

Although I did pop right back at my wife and say it's no different than you texting yes the truck will cause more damaget but a car can easily cause a 6 car pile up as well. it's a sad situation but imo driver should be toast it's just another reason we have laws shoved up our behinds. Although I can only hope he was on an elog. just goes to show they don't prevent accidents only thing that's going to prevent accidents is education and less destraction...on both sides cars and us.

6. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    379exhd Thanks this.
  7. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    I didn't see any skid marks in the southbound lanes either to be completely honest. we had a lot of rain in the past few days so the median is hit and miss weather it would add or slow down the truck either way no excuse pavement was dry at the time of the accident.

I'm usually sympathetic to a truck driver but not in this case what the article doesn't state either is that he was actually climbing a slight hill as well. Most 4 wheelers will run 65 through there seen many trucks do it as well. Local grain haulers will do 70 plus (myself included depending on the time) at 330 in the afternoon the rush starts and it's just not worth it.

It's almost too bad the county sherriffs and the state boys weren't there yesterday. They were posted up the 2 days before watching speeders. May have changed something if this driver had his radio on. Just not a good situation

8. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    $100 fine? I just got a parking ticket in cali and it cost me $250. No justice!

tsavory Thanks this.
  9. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    The lawyers will do him in. They love these kind of things. The $100 fine isn't anything compared to the millions the company and driver are going to pay out. He'll be a slave the rest of his life at best.

6daysontheroad Thanks this.
  10. 6daysontheroad

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    Got 2 parking tickets in Cali @ $250.00 each about 12 months apart. I contested them and got the first one dropped, but ended up having to pay the second one. I guess I'll never learn to stay away from California.

11. 6daysontheroad

Dec 15, 2012
    North of the Rio Grande
    Yeah, my guess is the insurance companies won't touch this guy with a 100 foot pole.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.