Dodge City Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TDtrucks, May 29, 2015.

1. TDtrucks

TDtrucks Bobtail Member

May 29, 2015
    Junction City, Ks.
    Dodge City Express is very close to being a very good place to work. But! I went to work for them and was issued Jack as a dispatcher. I was quickly informed by Jack he had 42 years of Experiance. My first thought oh boy he's lied every way possible. That isn't his approach at all. He may very well be a good one but he is eat up with Atlanta and Dallas runs. Not bad I have to say but holy smokes did I do some sitting around. An 1100 mi trip delivers in 4 days. Then unless he finds a load that pays enough you sit. When you get to Dodge City you know what you will be doing just not when. Past 4 he may answer probably not. After hours and weekend probably not so you sit until someone gets around to it. Break downs holy smokes good luck with that. Once again you are on your own never seen anything like it. If they would get communication down and get back to you. Help you when needed as well simply tell you what's up. DCX would be a great place to work.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    I would charge detention after one hour of my time
    .... That or ask them where they want the truck parked, make sure you record their response to that question
    .... Pretty basic stuff, pay or me for my services
    Or I might as well give your truck back because it's completely worthless to me
    Not to mention the truck will not make a single dime without me in the driver's seat and this is certainly not welfare trucking
    ... He will either find some frt to move real quick or end up looking for another driver to suck the life out
    ... Either way you win and he loses
    ... Tell him you are there to make a buck and business is business

TDtrucks Thanks this.
  4. Fla

Fla Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    All they do is lie cheat steal and con the drivers. Seriously.... if you read this don't work here. This company through word of a long time current employee is getting investigated and losing there score and rating by October. Plus the investors are coming to get what's theres. Don't be out on the road and have your truck shut off and be stuck. Because it's coming.

5. Dodgecityexpress

Dodgecityexpress Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I

'm not sure who is giving you your information Fla but we are not being investigated and the ownership is very strong. We will continue to be in business for a long time to come.

6. Dodgecityexpress

Dodgecityexpress Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2013

TDtrucks,

I apologize for your bad experience. We now have 2014 and 2015 trucks that are serviced by the dealerships 100%. The manufacturers have 24-hour breakdown lines and we also pay $150 per day for breakdown and pay for the hotel. We did notice that calls were not being answered in a timely manner over the weekend and have hired a full-time dispatcher for the weekend. He works Thursday through Monday and will answer your calls 24-hours per day Saturday and Sunday. As for the lack of miles, I apologize, we do not make any money if the wheels aren't moving either. We failed to take care of you and I'm sorry. I hope, one day you would be willing to give us another shot.

7. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    .... Thank you
    Dodge city express
    We sincerely hope your words are solid .... We wish you the best

Major Cluster and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    As do I.

It's very rare that an admitted company representative joins us here and displays such an apparently contrite attitude.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.