Dodgy Company

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by Litespeed, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Litespeed

Litespeed Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Worked for transport company for 4years (not interstate) mainly local work which was operated by 2 brothers which i will refere to as B1 and B2 ,on day three B1 threatened me with sack for pulling up at maca,s to use there toilet for 5mins,same if i had to get something to eat, i even called the shops on mobile (hands free) to order to save time and keep the boss happy,so all my meals were eaten while driving (no breaks here).
    Had to put up with the threats and the 14hr days as i needed the money, B2 seemed to dislike B1 for his ill treatment of his drivers though B2 could do nothing as B1 had control, the other dozen or so drivers put up with the same.
    Soon learnt he had all authorities in his pocket and was corrupt as they come though appeared butter wouldnt melt in his mouth.
    Truck was frequently overloaded and if you didnt speed he would make it hard for you by giving you all the crap jobs while all the cream went to the speeders with authorities turning the blind eye as he had money.
    One crappy job that B1 gave to the ones he didnt like or those that were in his sights for that day was to contract for another company for the day doing around 20+ loads, all loads 10+ tons overloaded with all turning a blind eye.Even had an auditor go througn the company and he was told by most of the drivers about the issues within the company,the end result we all completed his driver training program and never seen him again,no issues were resolved and apon calling his company months later to have a chat i was notified he had resigned,B1 must have some pull within the transport industry.
    After 4yrs of crap had a sit down with B2 and told him not to send me to the crappy job as they were grossly overloading and that i didnt want to operate illegaly with which he agreed,about a week later B2 had to have the day off which left B1 in the office all alone.
    On que i got the phone call from B1 telling me to go to the crappy job with which i informed him i had spoken to B2 about issues there and that i wouldnt go there because of the issues.
    Was promtly told that it was my last day with which i drove back to depot,parked truck,got in my car and left never to return.
    I was so angry i would have ripped him apart and with all in his pocket i would have been arrested without a leg to stand on.
    Never returned to driving as a previous coworker told me if you get on the wrong side of B1 that you will never work in the transport industry again within this state,he now drives in another state (B1 has some pull),plus the industry is full of B1,s corruption and revenue raising,what a shame.

LindaPV and Tomac Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tomac

Tomac Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Melbourne Australia
    Thanks for sharing your story, Im only new to the driving industry & I would hate to fall into a trap like this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.