does anyone know how to replace the wing window on a kenworth.

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by spoonerabbott, May 22, 2015.

1. spoonerabbott

spoonerabbott Bobtail Member

May 22, 2015
    I've bought a new seal and wing window for my drivers door. I'd like to get a piece of advice before i break something. Anyone ever done this before

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    I will find out when my seals come in next week. It can't be too hard. Disassemble the door and see what you have.

4. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    That seal used to be felt. Then called felt and looked like deer skin glove material or rubber. Now it's a seal OK. That glass is pretty tough if you push on it from the end or tap on it with a 4 in" rubber mallet. The hinge pins in the frame may not be. Try to always have equal force in both directions. Put the seal around the edge of the glass and present it to the frame. A couple carpenter hand clamps with rubber jaws can help and possibly tap with mallet at same time. If it does not want to go don't force it. Take it out and try something else. When working with seals on glass I always use a lubricant, go-jo, anti-freeze, silicone spray, or armerall listed in order of preference. If the seal is to thick try to thin it out, stretch, heat and or iron it. If that does not work try a seal for a Mack or Chevy or something. Last resort is black silicone for 24 hours, do not close it or have the glass to the outside of the frame. What ever seal you use trim off the excess when finished or cured with razor knife. Bigguns you have a lot of good posts, did you notice he said vent window glass & seal. No need to disassemble door unless he brakes the hinge pins.

Oxbow and bigguns Thank this.
  5. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    the wing window is very easy to replace. if you bought it with the track for the rollup glass. one screw on top two on the front of door and one at bottom of track just bellow the door cover. don't need to tear door apart. about a 20 minute job.

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    What the heck is a wing window?

7. bigguns

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    rollin coal You are killing me. The wing window is the small triangular window that was a part of the door assembly before the creation of one piece side glass. Sometimes it was referred to as the vent window.

Oxbow and rollin coal Thank this.
  8. postmandav

postmandav Medium Load Member

May 18, 2008
    south portland, maine
    A wing window is what used to be called a vent window.

rollin coal Thanks this.
  9. bigguns

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Helloooo postmandav Read my post from 5:38 am today. LOL

postmandav Thanks this.
  10. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    That little window that was in the doors before they came out with the daylight door.

OLDSKOOLERnWV and rollin coal Thank this.
  11. Rayschenk600

Rayschenk600 Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2016

Off subject, do you know how to remove the drivers side door panel?

Do you know how to remove the drivers side door panel?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.