Does every Cascadia have a poorly insulated doors?

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Pmracing, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    It has been just a little cold these last few days in Chicago, single digit temps. Sometimes zero was the digit. But only 20 MPH winds and I feel considerable breeze intruding from several spots on the door. The handle, along the window to door seal and the seam where the plastic and vinyl(?) meet.

Why are they so drafty and where is it coming from?

This was a loaner I had last winter, and my hack fix for when it was -17 before windchill!:
    [​IMG]

Mikeeee

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    I remember driving with a blanket over my left leg when I was OTR. Current Cascadia is drafty as well.

Pmracing Thanks this.
  4. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    If its from a mega, they tend go skip on insulation. Pretty much all bare bones.

sidrambill, mhyn and Pmracing Thank this.
  5. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Yeah, that is the key. A truck can be ordered with some serious insulation packages and make things a lot more comfortable. Most fleets don't do that. My 2013 Columbia glider, I ordered every insulation package on the list. I can run down the road with only the cab heater on the 1 or 1.5 fan speed setting, and heat dial only up half way, and the sleeper heat turned off, even at 0F and be quite comfortable. Matter of fact, I have never turned the coolant valves on to the sleeper in this truck since I put it to work in September of 2012. No need. The cab heat does a pretty good job all by itself, and the Webasto bunk heater does pretty good even with the sleeper curtain still wide open. Only in the most extreme circumstances is it not quite up to the task.

mhyn and Pmracing Thank this.
  6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    The 12 I drove was cold like that but the 15 Evo isn't. They also changed the mirror housing design so there isn't a bunch of wind noise at the top of the door. The washer fluid won't splash right on the mirror anymore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.