Does Swift still not have APU or Inverters?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by RedRover, Oct 7, 2016.

1. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    I'm being facetious. Just a little playful jabbing at Swift. Truthfully, I have never spoken with anyone who had a bad thing to say about Swift unless they had been fired or quit. Almost to a man(or woman) the people who work for Swift or did work for Swift that I have spoken with said it was a great company to work for and for the most part are/were treated very well.

My only gripe at this point would be my recruiter has been as absent as a deadbeat father. All I wanted was a Christmas card, maybe answer a phone call :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    RedRover Thanks this.
  4. RedRover

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    I plan on running in th flatbed division, so I imagine my chances of getting one of those is going to be between not at all and never :)

I bet they look sexy with a freshly installed headache rack though.

5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I added some after that.
    But it seems like you want the world, or the people in it, to revolve around you.
    Sorry to say, that does not happen.

Most everyone else seems to think the same thing these days.
    But a recruiter is just a cog in the machine, with many different things in and around what they do. It will not reply to every little question from every person. Not enough time in the 'verse.

Sometimes even deadbeat fathers have a good reason to be absent.

6. RedRover

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    I have spoken to the recruiter on the phone ONCE in 2 months, and have had to call him probably 50 times(not an exaggeration at all) to get him to call me that time. That was after I called and spoke with about 5 different people in recruiting and obtained my permit with all restrictions removed and with all available endorsements. Then and only then did he call me or reply to an email. I understand they are busy, no doubt about that. Didn't need my hand held. I did, however, need to be able to give my current job two weeks notice and also have some clue as to the location of the school I would be attending and if I would be attending at all... Lol

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  7. Edddelos

Edddelos Light Load Member

May 18, 2016
    Heard Swift is going Cascadia strong, and automatic transmission (Autos for all those who never touched a stick).

How are those windshield cameras?

8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Some people hate them and some don't mind.

Personally, since nothing has come back to bite me yet, I don't mind.

I have 2 videos that were sent to Swift. Both were resolved without contacting me, meaning that I did nothing wrong.
    One showed me driving in a yard with my seat belt off. The camera was set off by a large pothole.
    The other was caused by a hard braking event when I slowed down quickly when a light turned yellow.

Those are the only videos that merited review in the 2 months or so that I have had the camera.

9. Edddelos

Edddelos Light Load Member

May 18, 2016
    OKC yard is all dirt, potholes, sinkholes everywhere....unless they changed yards.

10. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Not going to get your hopes up, but the flatbed division has alot of newer trucks. Everytime I have been down to Phoenix they have had like 10-30 brand new 170000 models just waiting for drivers with shiny new racks and boxes. So you could end up with an inverter. No guarantees though, as soon as I say that, you'll end up with the last flatbed Volvo we have. In which case send that over to me, I'll trade you.

superscooter and RedRover Thank this.
  11. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    I've been proven wrong before, but Swift hasn't had a flatbed Volvo in years.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.