Does US Xpress have inward facing dashcams?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Wade73, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Johan

Johan Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2013
    1. I don't work from home. If I did and my company wanted a camera on my desk, I'd probably be ok with it.
    2. I don't think you understand what credibility is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wade73

Wade73 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Springfield, IL
    Why just on your desk? You said you have no rights to privacy. I'm sure you are fine with the company monitoring how many times you go to the restroom and how much time you spend in there as well. Afterall you have no rights when you are an employee.

4. Johan

Johan Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2013
    No I didn't. I said I have no expectation of it. See that's people always seem to have trouble grasping. Rights are what you have when it comes to the government. When it comes to you and a private entity such as a company, things get fuzzier. You have the right to free speech. But you come in my house you only have the right to speech that I decide to allow. IOW your right to free speech ends at the beginning of my driveway. And if you don't like it, there's the door.

Same with a company. Go ahead and hang a sign on your company truck that says I hate <insert minority group> and then tell HR that you have a right to free speech and see how it works out for you. There are indeed laws that protect your privacy in certain circumstances and pretty much any one of them contains a clause which renders it null and void if prior consent is granted. Employment is 'at will' pretty much everywhere so employers are free require employees grant consent to anything they like and employees are free to go work someplace else if they don't like it. IOW rights don't enter into this discussion at all.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  5. Wade73

Wade73 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Springfield, IL
    So you do believe you have a right to privacy. I'm glad you agree with my point of view!

6. Johan

Johan Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2013
    I have the right to privacy from my government and other individuals on my own property. I have reasonable expectation of privacy from my government and other individuals in certain other places such as the bathroom of a friends house or lawyers offices, doctors offices etc. Beyond that I have only extremely limited rights to privacy from my government almost no expectation of it from anyone else.

7. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Let's all just agree to disagree and end this.

d o g Thanks this.
  8. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    Wade you are wasting your time and effort in that discussion, just give it up.

9. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    If they put a cam in my truck they better be ready for some hard core action. None that soft showtime type crap.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  10. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    No point in feeding the troll.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  11. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Not gonna happen!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.