Dollar General Dedicated

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Hometime, Dec 31, 2008.

1. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    If he knew how to set up the rollers, there is no need to bend. We used plastic bins to raise them up. Very easy unload. You DO get very good at backing on these accounts.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigtopp

bigtopp Bobtail Member

May 2, 2011
    Lawton, OK
    I worked for swift for seven months doing the dollar tree account out of marietta, ok. The pay was good and the miles were very nice, at least to me. I would do a colorado run for monday, then head back and pick up a new mexico run for thursday. Just those two runs with miles and unload pay was usually 800-1000 a week. But what I will say is you definitely work your butt off. In the summer time I would be literally soaked with sweat rolling boxes down rollers into the back of the stores. When I finally finished the last store I was beat, and Im only a hundred and eighty pounds. Anyway, Im gonna be starting with USX next week and was just wondering if anyone was familiar with the dedicated that runs doubles and triples out of Duncan, OK

4. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Duncan OK is Family Dollar but I have not seen doubles or triples out of there. We never hung around though, it was just drop and hook

5. rollingmeatball

rollingmeatball Bobtail Member

May 7, 2011
    marshfield mass
    anybody running running regional northeast dollar accounts? or just northeast regional? for us xpress. im from marshfield mass, wondering if anybody works for them living in my area, and how its going...

6. sexytazz19

sexytazz19 Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2011
    chicago,il
    does anyone work the route in merriville indiana? i go in for orientation on Monday and was wondering what to expect? thanks in advance for answering my question.

7. jwac

jwac Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2011
    bartlesville ok
    i am goin to start up with werner at the first of te year i have read alot of stuff on here bout how bad they are as a company but every company has it's good and bad im just wonderin how the company is really i have been drivin local for the past year and a half doin paper logs so i will have to be with a trainer for awhile i have been told that when you get done with training you might noit have a truck ready for you and they send you home and tell you to wait till they call you when a truck comes open this dont sound right but i was wonderin if this is really true or just another bad story.

i understand the pay wnt be great for the first year but thats the way it usually goes do they pay pretty descent though and do they get you home when u are supose to be home if you could answer any of these questions i would greatly appreciate it thank you and keep truckin.

8. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Your Posting this in the DAC report section for USX, and you are looking for feedback from Werner drivers??? This does not male sense, maybe you might want to repost this in the werner section??

9. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    HD I imagine he saw it as the first post available for DAC report and the heading is only Dollar General Dedicated.

HD_Renegade and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  10. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    You could be right on that. The person may have used the search and this was where they ended up.

Thank you

11. mrsexxc

mrsexxc Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2013
    :biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513::biggrin_25513:I just came off a DG account and personally I hated it ! I did it for 2 weeks, & it wasent for me.They made it sound easy,like all I would have to do is roll carts off the truck and occasionally move boxes from time to time,but what they don't tell you is the carts dont roll off very easily.They offten stick together when you try to roll them, because the nets get caught in the hinges of other carts and they often fall apart when you try to push them. The people who load the traliers don't give a #### about they throw the stuff on the trucks! The boxes are just thrown in there any kind of way! The carts are very heavy and can fall very easy,and when they fall you have to pick them up! Also the carts are packed into the trailers like sardines then they have boxes(and other DG crap) piled on top of the carts,that you have to knock down, on the floor, that can be very dangerous! I hated it! All while you're unloading, the only thought going through your head is "When am I going to see the back of this F***KIng trailer!?" When you think you are getting close you still have a long ways to go,it seems to never end! Also most DGs are located in small towns not designed for big 53' tractor trailers,and you have to manuver and back through very tight parking lots.Also you often gotta work "off duty" hours to complete a route,its not worth it..Dont get me wrong, if you don't mind the back breaking hard work,cheating on logs,#####y store managers,tight driving conditions and all the stress you can make some really good money, but to me money isnt everything!

sweetlady Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.