Dollar General out of Lebec CA?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by CharlesS, Sep 23, 2016.

1. CharlesS

CharlesS Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Anyone on this account? Considering switching due to getting bad paychecks where I am at. Any info would be appreciated. Thx

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Check the cost of living in the area, it is not cheap, they require you live within 100 miles of the terminal.

4. UsualSuspect

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    I just checked with a buddy, he said the position is actually with Werner, and he only made $39K last year. He said the pay for the DG Dedicated account is well below what the recruiters told him. He said the job will get you home on weekends, but the pay will barely pay the rent, let alone food or car payments. He did say if you were looking for a starter job for a year this might be a good position for you, he said make sure your backing skills are above average as most of the stores are located in older areas of town and the backing is really tight.

5. CharlesS

Aug 9, 2013
    I am out of Phx, and it shows as one of the open positions on the app.

6. CharlesS

Aug 9, 2013
    Well the money doesn't scare me since my check this week was for $160 :-( The tight backing does worry me thou

7. Chuckie1

Chuckie1 Bobtail Member

May 2, 2016
    Schneider runs the Lebex account I worked for about nine months when they first got in 2012 but went IV. However, my nephew work it and can make take home anywhere from 750 to 900 a week. But they changing the unload pay do the lawsuit Schneider lost in California so don't know how pay will end up being after that was 25$ a stop 80$ a trailer plus mileage now the stop be paid by hour.

8. UsualSuspect

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    I just looked at Schneider and Werners jobs, both list it on their site. Both also promise up to $72K a year which we both know is not close to what the pay is. I wonder if DG has a contract with both, and depending on who gets the warm body in the door first claims it?

9. CharlesS

Aug 9, 2013
    Turnover rate is probably so high they need two different companies to make sure the fright moves. We share an account with Swift for the .99 stores probably for the same reason

UsualSuspect Thanks this.
  10. ThisMug

ThisMug Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2016
    I did one year with Schneider on the Dollar General account based in Lebec. My total salary from Aug 2015 - Sept 2016 - $42,645. Before the new pay rate, The old rate was .33cpm Avg(1600- 2200 miles), $80 per trailer, $25 per stop. average $875 - $1200. Now with the new pay rate .365cpm $14 per hour (On-duty time not driving). No more $80 per trailer and $25 per stop. I left when the new pay rate went into affect.

Info on the DG account.

Backing:
    75% of the stores are tight while 25% are truck friendly. Most of the stores you have to back up in active streets. a few will be easy pull in and pull out. The best procedure is to parked somewhere safe and explore the area to plan out the best route. Use G.O.A.L to avoid accidents.

Freight Procedures.
    Driver hand unloads. Push freight out using rolltainers. You have to remove some toppers on top (mostly toilet paper) to avoid head injuries. You load 3 rolltainers on the lift gate. (85% of the store you have to used the trailer's lift gate; 15% use the store's lift gate or loading dock). Take them down and push them into their store. Be warned while pushing, you face obstacles from hills to objects on the ground. You used a u-boat the store provided to load the toppers. You be done once you see a divider (plastic bag or different color logo). You load up their rolltainers full of cardboard, totes, and empties. Managers signs the paperwork and off you go.

Weather:
    Rain, sun, snow, etc. you still unload the trailer. The only exception is severe weather (Thunderstorm)

Conclusion:
    DG account is very tough job. You will sweat a lot. Pay rate varies by State. If you don't mind physical labor, go for it.

localguy65 and UsualSuspect Thank this.
  11. Money04

Money04 Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2017
    I'm a new driver with werner I'm doing team with my friend we both are planning just doing a year with werner to get the experience, it's a good started company just do your one year and get out and find a local job in Phoenix, like McLane or Ruan

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.