Don't drink the water in Hugo, CO THC in Water Supply

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Crassius, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Crassius

Crassius Light Load Member

May 15, 2013
    THC – The Active Ingredient Of Pot – Found In Colorado Town Water Supply

HUGO, CO — (CNN) Colorado may be home to legalized recreational marijuana, but you won’t find any pot shops in the town of Hugo, where such businesses are not permitted.

Yet, somehow, evidence of tetrahydrocannabinol, better known as THC, has been found in the town’s water supply, officials said Thursday.

Field tests revealed presumptive positive results for THC, the principal psychoactive chemical in cannabis, Officer Michael Yowell of the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office said at a news conference Thursday.

Testing continues to determine the level of concentration, he said. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the FBI are assisting Lincoln County’s investigation.

It has not been confirmed that the potential contamination was deliberate, Yowell said. But signs of tampering were found on one of the five main wells that supplies water to the town of 720 people about 100 miles southeast of Denver.

The contaminated well has been closed but preliminary tests suggest the entire water supply has been affected, Yowell said.

Hugo Public Works notified the sheriff’s office of the potential contamination earlier Thursday after discovering signs of tampering, Yowell said.

A reverse 911 call went out to Hugo residents telling them not to drink the water, Colorado emergency management department spokeswoman Micki Trost said.

The sheriff’s office issued updates via social media urging people not to drink the water, shower or cook due to potential contamination.

G13Tomcat and Dominick253 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Awesome, I'm heading toward them today. Looks like I'm not taking a shower until I hit utah

Lepton1, G13Tomcat and Puppage Thank this.
  4. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Id be beyond pissed if my record got screwed with a failed drug test because of some stupid prank like this

I don't think stoners understand that they don't have to convince everyone they know to get high.

Although I doubt they spent enough money to contaminate water with such a concentration to actually do anything.
    A water supply would be thousands and thousands of gallons, I'd assume the THC would dissipate into trace amounts.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  5. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    This just in: Home prices double in less than 48 hrs in Hugo, CO.

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    No way brah, you wanna drink LOTS of water when going through Hugo, dude.

7. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    The good news is I finally got a LITTLE buzz. The bad news is 15 gallons gotta get out and I can't move. 8c70b8afc768d0bd09c7fad85c7a18d2.jpg

8. Toothpick1

Toothpick1 Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Canonsburg, PA
    Lepton, dude, that picture is just wrooooong!!!

Bean Jr., gallegosmike and Lepton1 Thank this.
  9. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Hate to break the news, but medication is found in a lot of municipalities water supply, from antibiotics, hormones, mood stabilizers, and other drugs. You take an aspirin, you pee an aspirin, what doesn't filter out through the kidneys goes out the other way, it can also exit the skin while sweating. Take a shower and down the drain it goes.

Not that I am happy with narcotics and other foul things in the water but this is old news and what is happening there is a scare tactic to try to get residents to want to ban weed there. I would bet that the thc was already in the water supply before it was ever legalized.

Notice that it was the sheriff issuing the warning, not a health adviser.

10. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Heck, bottle it up and start selling it...

Then the town could afford to bring fresh water in for them, if they want it that is.

Ok, let's start the marketing... Name or marketing slogan context... GO!!!

11. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    "Bottled* in Hugo at Stoner Springs"

*with absolutely no filtering whatsoever

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.