Don't Drive Melton

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by 4Ker, May 2, 2016.

1. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

I remember seeing the running rabbit on their van trls

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Yep. When I was a kid of a boy, the local Melton truck was always at the gin loading cotton bales in the fall. Everybody loved Chester. I don't why they dropped the "running rabbit". That was a well recognized trademark.

4. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    You probably didn't meet their physical requirement. Not because of your race or gender. Maybe you couldn't lift up a steel tarp? Or a pair of chains? Or some bungees?

5. passingthru69

That or couldn't drive pass a drug test lied on app. The list goes on and on

Lone Ranger 13 and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    Just a 2 post drive by poster who signed up here just to bash Melton while giving absolutely no information at all of any use to others. We can only guess at why they were told to go home, only the OP knows what they were told for sure and the fact that they left that out speaks volumes.

We can pick from…..
    1. Failed physical.
    2. Failed drug test.
    3. They were one of the no-it-all’s that every orientation seems to have that were distracting others and could not be taught a thing.
    4. Lied on their application about employment history or criminal history
    5. Fill in your own here…..
    I love how those “Don’t dive for XXXX” threads turn into an advertisement for the company instead of keeping others away.

7. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Melton is a fairly large carrier. I believe they strictly run flatbed. They seem to have nice newer equipment from my experience. Not sure what they pay or how they treat their drivers, but it seems there are very few unhappy Melton drivers who have complained on these forums...to me, seeing a large company that's been around a long time with little to no complaints from drivers, and nicer equipment indicates a decent company. I think there are many drivers who try to get into flatbed and find they aren't cut out for it. It hurts their pride so they retaliate by complaining about unfair treatment.

Rollr4872 and Voodoo Pyg Thank this.
  8. passingthru69

Melton van division went to Conway years ago when they bought Melton out
    Who owns Melton now I don't know

9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    When I was starting driving I applied at Melton but they denied me because I didn't have any experience. This in spite of the fact that they were advertising on Craigslist that no experience was necessary.
    I wonder if they've changed the ad since then.

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  10. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    Not sure when you applied but they do take new CDL holders now or at least their site at https://meltontruck.com/drivers.php has a link for "Melton Student Training" that lists the following requirements....

• Must be 21 yrs. of age or older
    • Valid Class A CDL from the State you reside in
    • Must meet all applicable D.O.T Regulations (including a D.O.T. physical and NIDA approved drug screen administered by a Melton Truck Lines physician)
    • No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 yrs.
    • No more than 2 preventable accident in the last 3 yrs.
    • No B.A.C.s, D.U.I.s, or D.W.I.s in the last 5 yrs.
    • Must pass an integrity interview, meet Melton’s work attendance policy, and availability requirements.
    • No more than 7 jobs within the past 3 yrs.

11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    It was back around early to mid 2014. And back then it was over the phone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.