don't get in too big of a hurry

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Ezrider_48501, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    so i roll into town this evening. had i tire i needed to fix figured id knock it out quick before i went to the house. just pulled the truck in far enough to do the tire pulled the tire found the leak pulled the tire off the rim patched it. i went to power wash and clean up the rim before i put the tire back on thats when things went wrong. pressure washer was already sitting beside the roll up door. already hooked up set the rim just outside the door grabbed the pull cord on the pressure washer with a hefty tug it starts right up and i feel a sharp pain in my elbow. i had slammed my elbow right into the track for the overhead shop door. and on top of that i caught one of the l brackets that attaches the track to the wall. put a good gash in my arm. within a min or so the blood was already running down to my hand. had to Finnish what i was doing because i was at the shop by myself truck half in the door. couldn't move the truck cause it was on a jack with tires taken off. so i finished mounting ect. having to stop many times to clean up. then did a few other things and went and moved the truck ect. it had slowed a bit but just wouldn't stop bleeding allover.

2015-08-01 16.47.43.jpg

after a trip to the er to get stitched up. i had finally givin up on getting it to stop bleeding myself as it was all the way threw the skin layers so there was nothing to keep it held together.

2015-08-01 21.15.22.jpg

so moral of the story just cause your in a hurry and want to get done with something quickly take a extra second to be aware of your surroundings. this could have been easily avoided.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I think your doctor sucks, I've never had stitches like that

Shaggy Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Could have fixed it yourself with super glue. This is true; it's on Google.

Shaggy and truckon Thank this.
  5. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    it was cut threw all the skin layer down the the muscle tissue so there was nothing holding it together at all. i had tried super glue and it pulled apart within mins.

i thought the same thing about the stitch job the doc said it will help minimize scaring to stitch it like that. i dunno. when i saw it when he was done with it my first thought was hell i could have done better myself with dental floss.

tucker, Shaggy, Big_D409 and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Doc probably right about scarring. I had stitches on my shoulder and the doctor told me it might disfigure a tattoo. I told him I couldn't care less; health is more important. Tattoos from old military "daze."

Ezrider_48501 Thanks this.
  7. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Jesus @Ezrider_48501 you are one tough sum beach.

I'd love to see that weird stitch job have less of a scar. I'd tell the doc screw the scar, I'm going to get this thing caught on something else.

Ezrider_48501 Thanks this.
  8. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    This what Super Glue was developed for.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.