DOT Inspections?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by waltherz, Jul 22, 2015.

1. waltherz

waltherz Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2012
    This week I called a couple brokers for different loads and both said can't give me any load because my last DOT inspections was 2011. Do I have to request a next state trooper on my way a inspection??? ridicules!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Seems like more and more brokers start taking CSA score and inspection to determine status of MC.Landstar is the big one, orange triangle and You out of their system till score improve...

4. old iron

old iron Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Northern Wi
    I ran into the same thing last winter. Haven't been inspected since 2010. I told the broker I deserve a gold star. I was already rolling to the next pickup when he called. He was concerned about me being a chamelian carrier. I sent him a pic of my door lettering and it was good enough.

icsheeple Thanks this.
  5. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    o_OY'all are lucky I got a inspection in Ks this morning.

6. waltherz

waltherz Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2012
    That I said : I don't have accidents, prepass always give green light, some time at PA or NY I passed by weigh station open and they did not stop me. 9 years without accidents or tickets, what can I do for improve my safety record?

flood Thanks this.
  7. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    Stop at an open coop and request a level 1

barroll, icsheeple, mp4694330 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Not really about improving.They want to see recent inspection passed with thumbs up because shipper required, insurance, they want to know condition of equipment and driver legality with HOS.

waltherz Thanks this.
  9. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    And now you know why carriers with impeccable CSA scores still pay drivers a bounty for clean inspections.

I get a level 1 every trip before I can cross Missouri. Same officer each time so it's like old hat but nonetheless I still get paid for it each time and we have an impeccable score.

10. old iron

old iron Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Northern Wi
    I own the truck, trailers and the name on the door. I can honestly give a rats ars about my csa score. "Thou shall not cross a scale loaded or empty unless absolutely necessary" has been preached to me since I was born. The best way to stay out of trouble is to not be near it in the first place.That's not about to change for a snot nosed kid at a brokerage. My rig is kept up, clean as can be, load chained or strapped nice and symmetrical, or the tarp is painted on. You can usually tell who takes pride in their work. I guess I've been "lucky" for the past 5 years. I wouldn't mind a nice clean inspection, but I'm not changing my ways for any broker. I am in the yellow caution on csa for no inspections. I guess that means catch me If you can.

11. macavoy

macavoy Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    How do you go about doing this?

waltherz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.