DOT medical in PA

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Josee, Jul 22, 2015.

1. average joe

average joe Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Not at all it's because of people losing their jobs that they went to college for and " settling" for a job driving a truck that most of these crap companies sprung up. You know let's get them while their desperate.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Self Certify is a federal mandate.....

CDL holders must provide their SDLA with a copy of their ME Certificate. This information is only being added to the State driving records of CDL holders. Non-CDL holders are not required to self-certify or submit a copy of their ME Certificate to their SDLA. CDL holders, who are found driving in a category other than one to which they self-certified, are subject to suspension or revocation of their commercial driving privileges. CDL drivers, who do not update the expiration date of their ME Certificate with their State, will have their commercial driving privileges downgraded, and will not be eligible to drive a commercial motor vehicle that requires a CDL.

Instructions on how your State is collecting your ME Certificate information:

State-by-State Instructions for Submitting Medical Certificates to the State Driver Licensing Agencies
    -
    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/commercial-drivers-license/medical#sthash.E5CcNTlA.dpuf

4. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    True this is law but not what this companies are trying to pull with new hires getting new certification.

5. The Patriot

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    We need to bleed out the big cheap freight companies and force them to pay a higher wage. In many companies this is already happening and they have no idea what to do. Some are backing that bill to allow 18 year olds (see the other thread on this) some are actually paying more....some are trying to increases benefits but lets face it...we all want more green backs. I always tell companies to keep their benefits, let me see the green ;)
    BTW I too hold a masters degree I obtained while in the Army in peacetime but no real money digging in the dirt so I keep that as a hobby of sorts ;)

6. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Self Certify THAT'S the term I couldn't think of...thanks Dusty Road! It is good and important information.

DustyRoad Thanks this.
  7. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Freight is strong on the east coast. Customers are creating the demand. The problem is for the whole industry that there are more loads than drivers can handle....Intermodal, freight trains with containers have been squeezed by the recent strike on the Long Beach Port...Forcing more loads to be routed by Truck. I pulled a load out of CA that had been sitting on the docks for over thirty days....Customer was screaming for the Solar Panels mfg overseas. I was thinking, why don't we build those here? Anyway....There will always be a shortage of Professional Drivers if the rate don't change....and the drivers are paid what they should be.

The Patriot Thanks this.
  8. E.C.CUPP

E.C.CUPP Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Exactly the best point DustyRoad...If the pay was outstanding and a easy job ..Would there be a shortage of drivers?.Simple physics if you ask me..

9. The Patriot

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    The CSA is our friend....one of the few things government did get right. With the CSA it will weed out the crap drivers...further driving up driver demand. Many insurance companies are not covering newer drivers now. All this together will drive up pay....that is for those of us that follow speed limits and do not flip over on the side of the road...

DustyRoad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.