DOT Physical question

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by Lady Harris, May 18, 2015.

1. Lady Harris

Lady Harris Bobtail Member

May 18, 2015
    My hubby has DOT physical on may 26th and has developed an allergic reaction on ankles will that DQ him? thanks Lady Harris

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stevez57305

stevez57305 Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Florida
    Not a doc. But if its just an allergic reaction to something and its not causing him difficulty in his working ability he should be ok. But i would check it out just in case. Dont want to have a rash and be living in a truck for weeks on end

4. Lady Harris

Lady Harris Bobtail Member

May 18, 2015
  5. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I doubt they did a TB test so I would say he is fine...get some stuff from local pharm which hubby can show him the break out and he will tell him exactly what to buy

Captain Dave

Lady Harris Thanks this.
  6. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I did the physical with Central at their West Valley City, UT location in 2013. I don't take any medications or have any reportable medical history, so maybe it was a breeze based on that alone... but I kind of found the physical they did to be quite laughable.

I was in the room for a maybe a couple of minutes and was given a two year card. I am overweight, but don't have high blood pressure. I don't know if its changed but I don't think a rash on the ankles is anything to be worried about.

unloader

7. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    No, they don't check you out there. He will be fine. If your around Iowa80 in Walcott, IA have the doc there do the medical.

8. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    There is no area on the Medical Certification form for you or the Physician to check off on "Rash".

flood Thanks this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What's the reaction to?

Do you know?

10. DrPatCME

DrPatCME Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Washington, NJ
    There is a space on the form where the condition of the skin is checked under "general appearance". An allergic reaction causing a rash is far from disqualifying. Although if he is allergic to things he may be coming in contact with through his work such as latex (a common one), it is worth noting.

p608 Thanks this.
  11. byrdman10112

byrdman10112 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Caruthersville,MO
    I have a question are used to work for central before Swift bought them is that a different now?? Does their physical make you do a sleep apnea test

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.