Dot warning tickets.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by magnum force, May 20, 2011.

1. shredfit1

shredfit1 Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2008
    MN
    You've got to be kidding me!

The last inspection I got the LEO put L's instead of 7's in my documented vin#... wrong letters in the vin# can easily run you into IDENTIFICATION issues, and on top of that it's an indicator of Dyslexia. Either way, it's an error that shouldn't be happening. The LEO should take time to do things right the first time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    My concern is that many states interpet DOT rule 395 differently and each has its own set of prices for violations.

DOT FMSCA and OMV & Public Safety,State Ordinance and Financial Penalties are Nothing more than a Revenue Generator used for Punishment of the Slave Wage Monkeys (CMV Fleet Drivers).:biggrin_25516:

4. T|2uck3r

T|2uck3r Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2010
    55 Zone
    I'll tell once i have a load. Its in my truck and Im at home right now. Probly next week:yes2557:

Injun its easy to check if i did get the points. I'll call my safety dep on monday and they can check it online if i have any at all.:biggrin_25520:

Im wondering if you to DMV and get a printout i think its like $5-10, do they show it on there:biggrin_25521:

5. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    You do not need to go thru all that to find out if you have any points--as I understand it--points are awarded to the driver and company--So just go to safers--fill in YOUR company DOT# and go thru each catagory--each specific inspection is listed--and you know when and where you were inspected--you will be able to find yours--your trk and trailer make and lic#will be on form-it is ALL there in black and white

BigJohn54 and 123456 Thank this.
  6. magnum force

magnum force Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Fort Worth Texas
    I was cited for over tandem, brake lines rubbing and worn torsion bar bushings.

7. magnum force

magnum force Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Fort Worth Texas
    the crackerheads inthe shop refused to repair the sliding fifthwheel. anyway back to the question do I get any points.

8. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    On a level 1 inspection? Oh yeah... you're getting points. The violations should be listed on the inspection form including the section of the FMCSRs that they cited. Times 3 for the first year to the company.

It'll be on your PSP... your personal pre-employment driving history too.

9. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Probably not for the over-axle unless a FMCSR was cited. The brake line and torsion bar, yes. I don't have the book at my fingertips just now or I'd get you specific numbers.

10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Why doesn't the company take the rap for that its not your fault the brake lines are bad .

11. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    On this side of the puddle, they hang the responsibility for inspecting and detecting such faults on the driver. The company can be at fault if its reported, but they don't carry-through and fix it. Under the new system, the carrier gets dinged with the safety points, but the write-up is carried on your pre-employment report.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.