Drag link question

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by dom14, Oct 22, 2016.

1. dom14

dom14 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    My truck has been driving horrible had a axel alignment which helped but I'm at the point where 50mph i feel I'm gonna loose control I checked my steering and found the drag link is bent inwards towards the enging at the pivot arm side unnoticed they sell bent ones.. is mine supposed to be bent bc I feel like it shouldn't be? 2010 prostar thanks

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Where are you at Dom14? Maybe we can make a good shop recommendation for you. I looked at your other post with the tire pics and you defiantly got a problem going on. I would also sugest going to Mike Becketts web site MD Alignment. They have some great info on there about all kinds of problems like yours.

Ke6gwf Thanks this.
  4. dom14

dom14 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Hey I'm in Orlando FL I've had so many shops and people look at the truck but they say it's fine.. but I know there's something wrong

5. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    How far do you travel, or are you local?

6. dom14

dom14 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Local

7. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    If your truck is wandering alot, it could be bad Kingpins, Tie Rod Ends or Drag Link, or Steering Box needs to be checked out.

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Most drag links do have bends in them. I recommend having another alignment done with full chassis inspection to make sure nothing is broken.

9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    You can go to a Prostar shop and they will have a brand new draglink in stock then look at it or even take yours off and bring it in and make sure the bends match. The draglink has grease zerks on each end meaning they are sorta knuckles which can wear out. Grab it and twist it, should be firmly attached. If it is excessively loose, could be a bad draglink grease knuckles worn out

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You need to go straight to a shop and get that looked at. DO. NOT. drive that tractor until several mechanics prove to you that it's in factory spec on toe, camber, alingment etc.

Ive had trucks go out on the front end before. It is the one thing that it's like a heart attack, it needs to be taken care of today before you get yourself or someone killed.

11. dom14

dom14 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2016
    When I got all 3 axels aligned I had the toe adjusted bc it was bad.. I got the print out from the shop showing truck numbers are up to spec.. said my kingpins and bushings were all in great shape. Problem is my rear end might be shot drained the oil and found small micro specs of meteal in the oil so will have it looked at. The problem is the back end sliding out and I drove it with PDL switch on and truck rode great

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.