Drive Cam round one.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Switches, Jun 11, 2015.

1. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    He should have been looking up and around for cameras before he took his piss, it's his own fault for not being aware of his surroundings.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Yep,,dead of night,done it every nite..couldn't see the cam cause they were on the very top of the light poles,,looking up at night all you see is bright lites,,he learned the hard way..lol

4. mrdot

mrdot Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
    OH
    I like how you fools accept being monitored by people in all walks of life. Nothing we can do about it so oh well.... yup attitudes like that will get you nowhere.

5. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    I'm actually pretty happy I didn't have to buy my own camera.

Now I don't have to settle for elcheapo CB radio... Can't believe I gotta buy my own CB.

Maybe I should start a thread crying about it....

6. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    And your plan would be to bust out every camera ? Make a statement and protest ? Like anyone gives a hoot..maybe go undercover? Or maybe figure life is to short to Get sideways about a camera in parking lots..

7. mrdot

mrdot Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
    OH
    More so just leaning towards the idea of a camera in the truck.

8. spectacle13

spectacle13 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    This is one thing I can't even begin to get behind, cams are the last straw that made us go lease, we will put in our time as lease ops, we are exempt from cams under current lease terms and I don't plan on signing another. We will put our time in here and go elsewhere when the time comes.

9. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Sex offender eh, not a chance.

10. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    i drove a truck at my new company with a cam for 2 weeks. I did nothing to set the cam off due to my driving. The thing people do not understand is OTHER cars can set it off as they are tied into the radar system. You get cut off and it makes a video, you bump a dock it makes a video, hit a decent pot hole it makes a video.

You can drive perfectly and it will make videos constantly. I was in New Jersey and it made videos 2 hours straight dude to other drivers, i even got a call from safety saying that i was driving safely in all the videos made.

The thing is its still a weapon for the company, you do NOTHING wrong but a 4 wheeler can set off the cam and cause you to get safety violations. If you think having 24/7 weapon for safety to use against you then you really are stupid to think it will help you.

I no longer have the drivecam and will NEVER drive a truck with one in it again as it will do very little to help the driver and do far more to give ammunition to the pencil neck in safety

11. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    I can officially call BS on the conspiracy theories.

After just over two weeks with my cam it was going off constantly. We all got called in to review our clips. I can't speak for the others, but here is my story.... And I still want my camera to stay!!

It was the most mind blowing, twilight zone episode, WTF moment of my life.

For a brief couple of days, I thought you freaks were right all along.

So I go to my meeting. We watch several clips of me smiling and driving... Bouncing all over the cab, as all my vids WERE CREATED BY ROUGH ROADS.

These first several Vids were all zero rated... Meaning no wrong found, but were used to appreciate my good habits.

Even the next two videos were confusing to all, as my good habits were clearly on display, and noted.... Checked all traffic flows, watching mirrors for trailer clearance in turns.

What was driving me absolutely crazy is that in both these videos I clearly rolled thru stop signs!!

WTF??? I Would Never do that?? And with a camera now... No way in hell I'm screwing up the easiest and most basic rules

But sure enough, there I am on video doing it twice. And right down the road from the DC.

Fast forward to this Friday, and it all became clear. The DC is off of tight country service roads... Some of the smart and friendly folks meeting you at the intersection will stop short and waive you thru allowing you to make the turn with plenty of space and no pressure.

I told my DM I figured out what the heck was going on, and she laughed at my concern.... She said to stop doing it, but no worries unless I slam into something at the same time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.