Drive Test

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jbrownsb83, Jul 27, 2015.

1. jbrownsb83

jbrownsb83 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Can anyone tell me how hard company road test are? Do u have to do the 140 point inspection and what kind of backing? Gonna join PGT trucking anyone taken their road test? Tips will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

PGT trucking a good option?

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MadeinMX

MadeinMX Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Mexico
    Do a whole inspection, it will make you look good. Dont take shortcuts. Take your time and be safe!! You need to make them feel you are the best driver they can hire.

And relax, you are not asking for approval, you are showing them how good you are

4. jbrownsb83

jbrownsb83 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2015
  5. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    I think it seems like, the more experience one has, the less of a road test it is. If I recall correctly, and according to the pocket sized card/paper work you sign, the road test is supposed to be about 25 miles long.

I do not believe any road test I have ever been on, was more than 2 to 6 city blocks. backing..?? yeah, I had to back into a door at the terminal. inspection..??

what the hell is that.>??

hired.

in fact, my current job, my road test consisted of showing up for the interview.

hired on the spot, started working after the drug test came back 2 days later.

they require at the very minimum of 5 years exp. there I was with 24 years.

been there 3.5 years now.

born&raisedintheusa and Cody1984 Thank this.
  6. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Most company road tests are pretty boring. Hit the interstate for a few miles, and maybe a little in town driving. We were usually back at the terminal in 20 minutes. I never had to do any inspections. I had to do a back in once in a tight trailer drop area. The lady tester told me that I had 3 pull up's before I started to back in...... I looked over at her and said I will do a dozen pull up's if need to..................and I will pull out with nobody else's paint on my trailer. She laughed and said................. lets go get coffee.

Airborne and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  7. omg-downshift!

omg-downshift! Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2012
    South Texas
    I gonna bet you will go to a tractor and pretrip it, do air brake test ect... then go hook a trailer, check if you stop before hook and check plate, ect... pre trip trailer, pull test air brake test, ect.. take off, once out the gate, maybe 10 mile test, check your up and down shift, stopping distance, awareness, mirrors, signals...ect.. a few turns under or over highways to check speed and lane awareness, onto highway, off highway, to check speed and awareness, then some backing. Probably an offset. Top of my head guess. You got it Ace.

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  8. antoinefinch

antoinefinch Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Phenix City, Alabama
    What about shifting thru a Intersection a big no no at Celadon on road test, touching the side of a curb any little bit is called jumping a curve

Airborne and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  9. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    I'd definitely fail a road test. Too much bad habits.:p

Airborne Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.