Driver Coercion Final Rule Goes into Effect Jan. 29

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Not_Here_Long, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Not_Here_Long

Not_Here_Long Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    You ever notice all these rules address fining someone or entity but never address the driver not making any money or the after effects of not having a job ? Or paying the driver a reward for reporting the terrible people that want us to bend the rules. FMSCA sucks and will always suck.
    How many of the clucksuckers have even driven OTR?
    Thank you sheeple for integrating the trucking industry to bad we can't dig Hoffa up.
    http://www.truckinginfo.com/news/st...etter&btm_ea=amh1cmxleTFAd2luZHN0cmVhbS5uZXQ=

thejackal and 12 ga Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    For once I agree with you.

12 ga Thanks this.
  4. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Hoffa? Why do we need another union bloodsucker?

Naptown Thanks this.
  5. Drive22

Drive22 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Wouldn't this rule be a good thing for rule abiding drivers? Imagine that Bully Inc. (Shipper) calls Gotta Keep Em Happy (Carrier) and demands that his product has to make it 1,000 miles in under 14 hours (about 75mph and no team drivers available), and since it is Bully Inc., He threatens Gotta Keep Em Happy with account termination if our carrier wont comply. So the Keep Em Happy sales dept. leans on dispatch to accomplish the impossible (within the rules) requirements of Bully. Dispatch caves to Sales and contacts Hardest Running Rule Breaker (Trucker Extraordinaire) because dispatch knows this Rule Breaker always gets the job done by detouring around the rules. Meanwhile, Rule Abiding Trucker sits waiting patiently for an assignment wondering why everyone else seems to be getting 1000 more miles per week.
    Wouldn't the new rule allow dispatch to say to sales, ask Bully Inc. if he is going to pay the $11,000 fine for pushing this, and when they do ask Bully he backs down and allows a delivery schedule according to the rules but resorts to beating sales down with a lower your price tirade, he is Bully after all. Then dispatch can choose equally from the pool of Rule Abiding Truckers who are profiting from a more level playing field since Hardest Running Rule Breaker is no longer the go to guy for dispatches dirty work.

CJndaTruck Thanks this.
  6. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Sure. But calling them rule abiding drivers seem silly. Nobody follow the rules, it's all about the money. It will always be about the money no matter who, the driver, the shipper, even the loader.

Do you follow the rules 100%?

12 ga and DTP Thank this.
  7. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    I follow every rule I want to follow, 100% of the time...

thejackal, 12 ga, DUNE-T and 3 others Thank this.
  8. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    I don't see it having much effect from where Im sitting.
    Its pretty lame and disappointing

9. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    The rule seems straightfoward to me. And if your complaint is it doesn't have enough monetary protections for the whistleblower, something tells me there are going to be lots of lawyers advertising for driver business on late night TV, along with the medical malpractice guys. Its called the legal lottery.

10. Not_Here_Long

Not_Here_Long Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    I hate to break it to you but you don't know how the law suit game goes.
    First how many truck drivers are going to fit the "victim" class ?
    Good law firms don't take cases on contingency just because you are in the right.
    They take them to win which means you have to have a good victim and you can imagine the public's perception of a victim. People on juries aren't the average person they are the ones who have nothing better to do in life.
    Then you have years of appeals and all. So what you'll have is a bunch of unemployed truck drivers who thought
    they'd be protected screwed as usual. Big companies have lawyers or money for them, terminated truck drivers do not.

12 ga Thanks this.
  11. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I disagree with your view of a juror. Jurors are picked out of a pool citizens, working or not. They should be average, but after going thru the selection process of both the Prosecution and the Defendant, the pool is nothing like average. Certainly not a group of peers but not "people with nothing better to do".

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.