DRIVER-CVOR Abstract

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Babysteps, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Babysteps

Babysteps Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi all, hubby is new to Ontario, it had been a bureaucratic nightmare getting his CDL changed to canadian A/Z. FINALLY getting to the light at the end of the tunnel, talking to recruiters. Sent in resume, filled out electronic application. All good. Next e-mail I receive tells me I need to get CVOR U.S. and Canada. Again, I've only applied to be a DRIVER, do they mean CVOR ABSTRACT( which according to my online search is different from CVOR)? I can't find anything online regarding U.S. CVOR, all that comes up is Canadian info. I guess I am responsible for criminal b/g check.....how do I do that here in Ontario and of course how much is this going to cost me? REALLY discouraged now. Any advice or info??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flyguy35

flyguy35 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2015
    For the criminal bag ground check, you just need to go your local police department or OPP. The cost varies from department to department, here in Ottawa it cost $47.

CVOR will not apply for Canada as from what I can gather, your husband has not driven here commercially. For an Ontario driver's abstart follow this link:

https://www.services.gov.on.ca/sodp...wNDMMy8tXz9cP0o_KicxL10_MjVPvyA31xEAu_L4jw!!/

If your husband worked as a commercail driver in the U.S, then I believe that you can use the DAC report for work history. The other item your husband may wish to invest in is a FAST card.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/fast-expres/driv-chauff-eng.html

Hope this helps.

4. Babysteps

Babysteps Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks a MILLION flyguy for your response. So I wonder why recruiter asked for it.....the applic. that we completed CLEARLY indicated that he was applying for DRIVER....O/O sections was left completely blank, I guess that I may have to reconnect with her to clarify. Thanks again :)

5. flyguy35

Apr 3, 2015
    Once your husband has driven commercially in Canada, he will have a CVOR, right now he is almost like a new Canadian CDL driver and the only thing that he can provide is a driver's abstract.

6. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia

False.

If he has an AZ he has a CVOR. Abstract will show all tickets and fines, CVOR will show any commercial infractions. They basically want it to forward to the insurer.

nate980 Thanks this.
  7. flyguy35

Apr 3, 2015
    He has not driven in Canada and just got his licenced changed over so he would not have a Canadian CVOR.

8. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    Fly guy... You still have a record whether you just got your licence or not. The record will just be blank with nothing on it.

orcen Thanks this.
  9. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    Go to any OPP station and pay the $25, fill out the form and they'll call you when your background check comes in for pick up.

Abstracts were like $5 for a CVOR, $10 for a regular abstract when I lived in Ontario...

10. Babysteps

Babysteps Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Okay, I think I got this.....CVOR driver's abstract at service Ontario, thanks again guys.

11. AJTrucker

AJTrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2015
    The real information for a criminal background check is he needs to get the electronic fingerprinting done for the RCMP. It is usually done by a third party and costs $75 CDN. Best of luck to your hubby !

Babysteps Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.