driver solutions

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by linadin, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Tran Man

Tran Man Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Ohio
    Blind, leading the blind.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    What's that mean?

4. Tran Man

Jan 24, 2009
    Ohio
    There all new.... Maybe, your knowledge will help them?

5. 1lownismo

1lownismo Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Langhorne,Pa
    Most of the trainers at that school all have over 10+ over the road. I think there is 2 maybe that have less then 5 over the road. The school is kinda a scam. I went there. as long as a few others I know. They talk all this crap to you how they are there for you and will do whatever they can to get you a job. I sat for 45 days after i graduated cause of the economy supposedly. called the school 3 or 4 times during that and emailed 3 times and I didnt get one call back. they didnt try in any way to get in with another company. On top of that others that went and finished didnt start with the training company either so they were shafted from what I heard one guy got signed up with pam and never got picked up so the school told him he didnt have to pay. That was the only plus story in the group. the hotel sucks it is nasty as all get out I spent 400$ on top of what they paid me to be there. You get sent out to the indiana DMV the first week to get your indians operators and then start taking all the test as you will need your cdl permit by the second week. you will have a roomate in the room also. you are about 25min from the school I went during late fall last year and I know they are going through alot of changes in class size so good luck

6. Sixwheeler

Sixwheeler Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2009
    1lownismo-I am curious how you ended up spending $400.Did you eat out a lot?And if you did,you ate at some nice restaurants from the sound of it.With a free room,that sounds like an awful lot of moneyfor three weeks.That's after $100 you get paid in the program-EXSQUEEZE ME!?!:biggrin_2551:

7. jride

jride Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2009
    in my living room.
    heyyy hold up a min guys..i just got excepted by drivers solutions and i have a felony on my background 9 yrs ago..but your tellin me that i may get my butt all the way to arkansas and be sent home cuz of another background check? and by the way is c-1 school in ark or just usa truckin? or both for that fact lol?

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    There's a lot of C-1 schools, You'll go to the one near your house.
    Right now you're just pre-hired, after you get to school and sign the contract they run your background checks.

9. Crusher

Crusher Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Thompson, CT
    Question, Why don't company's do the background check first? Doesn't it make sense to first, than send to school?

Crusher

10. Tran Man

Jan 24, 2009
    Ohio
    It costs them money, They need your warm body there to make it official. They, may even get some money from some Gov't program??...
    You with the felony- "They will find out, and you will get the boot" I just hope you have enough money to get home?... They, ain't paying that

Good Luck

11. jride

jride Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2009
    in my living room.
    lol im not worried about it cuz im not goin anymore.. i just got my cdl class A in gainesville ga,, used my friends truck, he's got a small company 5 trucks..7 trailers so im goin to work for him screw all these big companies there a bunch of low ballin crooks if u ask me anyways. but best of luck to anyone who drivin for one of these companies. we have an open truck for anyone interested but you must live in Ga no further than 100 miles from athens, FELONIES ACCEPTED NO MATTER IF IT WAS YESTERDAY but sexual, child stuff is not!! its only regional GA,FL,AL,TN,SC,NC,AND KY,, LET ME KNOW ASAP GOOD PAY NO BENEFITS THO.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.